2018 Mustang Pony Package

I don't know about you guys, but I could have done without the corralled pony back in the grille. The retro-inspired stuff just doesn't look right on this sleek car.

2018-mustang-pony-pack-1-2.jpg

Eh, I think it looks cleaner without the corral or horizontal pieces in the grille. But some will like it.

Look at it from an angle higher than 3' off the ground and it looks great. Their photogs still have *not* figured out how to approach this car's proportions.

i was going to say...photos of this refresh are not very complimentary to the car.

It looks great in other photos/videos

The corral on the 05-09 I liked because they were rectangular like the originals. Something about the odd shape of this corral bothers me. I want to like it because I think something needs to break up that large black hole. Though his picture is certainly taken at a bad angle or something because that Mustang does not look good, and its not the corral's fault. When I first saw this picture it I went back to the earlier pictures of the 18 Mustang to see if they changed something. Now I really want to see it in person.

Understand that the Mustang is very personal to its owners design wise. The grille treatment for the Pony edition is Ford's way of making the Pony version look different. If you don't like it, don't buy the Pony version and instead buy the EcoBoost version equipped as you like. Otherwise, you can always go the aftermarket route and make whatever changes you want.

• Like 2

The corral around the pony has always taken the shape of the grille opening itself. Study every version of the corraled pony grille emblem from the 1964 1/2 production models to now.

1964 1/2-68

1971-73

1999-04

2006 to current Pony Package models with the corral updated at 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2018 refreshes.

It is a classic feature that many Mustang fans like. If you don't like it either buy a Mustang that does not have the Pony Package or simply just swap out the grille for the standard or GT grille.

I will always like the grille choice.

Edited by StangBang