2019 Edge refresh spied

If you look under the camo, it looks like its almost getting a Mustang GT350-like grill opening

That's what I and others have thought as well. Should be interesting to see. BORG elsewhere used his x-ray vision to determine that the rear lightbar is going away.....

If you look under the camo, it looks like its almost getting a Mustang GT350-like grill opening

I think it's going to get closer to the appearance of the Escape grill. We need someone who can edit the photo to lighten the grill area and perhaps bring out more detail than is readily apparent.

Edited by Harley Lover

I'd assume the taillights go more toward to the Galaxy/S-Max style, I would suspect the light bar would go away, was odd it was included back in '15. The light bar was the Lincoln trademark.

I too was surprised that the Edge got it. To be fair, I like it, but I agree, it's odd for Edge to have gotten a Lincoln-esque styling cue.

I think it's going to get closer to the appearance of the Escape grill. We need someone who can edit the photo to lighten the grill area and perhaps bring out more detail than is readily apparent.

I dunno about that

They are already pretty close to one another as it is now

Escape

2017-ford-escape-titanium-suv-angular-fr

Edge

USC60FOS152D021001.png

No question, the current models have a family resemblance. Opinion only, I've never liked this front end on the Edge (Hyundai does it better), and think the Escape looks better (which is damning it with faint praise). On the mule, it appears to me that the grill has retreated somewhat from being placed right on the headlights (current Edge) to having a space separating the grill and headlights (current Escape). Thus the reason for my comment.

All that said, I don't like what the 'artisans' in Dearborn have done with almost any of the mid cycle refreshes. They ruined the grill on the Fusion and Focus. I don't think they get what Martin Smith was doing with the original designs. I wish Ford would bring Smith back to tutor whoever is doing the refreshes.

Edited by Harley Lover
  • Like 1

No question, the current models have a family resemblance. Opinion only, I've never liked this front end on the Edge (Hyundai does it better), and think the Escape looks better (which is damning it with faint praise). On the mule, it appears to me that the grill has retreated somewhat from being placed right on the headlights (current Edge) to having a space separating the grill and headlights (current Escape). Thus the reason for my comment.

All that said, I don't like what the 'artisans' in Dearborn have done with almost any of the mid cycle refreshes. They ruined the grill on the Fusion and Focus. I don't think they get what Martin Smith was doing with the original designs. I wish Ford would bring Smith back to tutor whoever is doing the refreshes.

The last gen Edge had the grill touching the headlights over...the new model was just continuing that styling

well, they just promoted Martin Smith's protege...

Ford Promotes Head Of European Design To Global Design Head - FordAuthority - by Aaron Brzozowski - Jul 10, 2017

Ford promotes key designers - Automotive News - Nick Gibbs - July 10, 2017

old May,2014 article from when he was first posted @ Europe from Media.Ford

& wiki

Edited by 2b2