Navigation Factory Unit Install 07 Sport Trac Limited

I have a 07 ST Limited and I would like to pull the cd6/mp3 autophile and put the factory unit in. Is this possible. Would the wires be there for the nav. I know the gps antenna would need to be installed. If there is anyone who has the Nav then model number shows in the system info menu but I don't know if it would work if I ordered it and gps antenna. I really wish to stay factory if possible and I have the steering wheel controls. There is also wires that behind plug where the memory switch goes on the regular explorer. I guess these would'nt work if you bought the switch or they would have addes it as an option. Any help guys would be great. Mostly on the Navigation. jdc1203

Radiosandmore has the 06 Explorer Touchscreen, dvd and gps antenna for 1475.00 but I think that the pin assignment of the wires might be not the same as the 07 Sport Trac if the wires needed are even there at the connectors. It was just a thought. I know that some employees that work at the Louisville plant are in here from time to time and I thought they would know. :shrug:

Radiosandmore has the 06 Explorer Touchscreen, dvd and gps antenna for 1475.00 but I think that the pin assignment of the wires might be not the same as the 07 Sport Trac if the wires needed are even there at the connectors. It was just a thought. I know that some employees that work at the Louisville plant are in here from time to time and I thought they would know. :shrug:

Louisville does not install the radio though.

The GPS antenna installs under the pass. side airbag on the mag beam. If you have a heated windshield you can forget it. The GPS radio is not an option on the heated windshield equipped vehicles "YET".

Louisville does not install the radio though.

The GPS antenna installs under the pass. side airbag on the mag beam. If you have a heated windshield you can forget it. The GPS radio is not an option on the heated windshield equipped vehicles "YET".

Is teh Nav not an option with the heated windshield because of shared mounting location for devices where you describe or some other reason? I just ordered an 07 Explorer WITHOUT nav but WITH heated windshield... I will be putting in a Pioneer Z1 later... just want to make sure there is nothing standing in my way of doing this...

That is my understanding, the heated windshield has wires that would affect the signial that needs to reach the gps antenna which is located under the dash on the passenger side of the unit. However if you plan on using the Pioneer you could maybe located the gps antenna in another location.

Is teh Nav not an option with the heated windshield because of shared mounting location for devices where you describe or some other reason? I just ordered an 07 Explorer WITHOUT nav but WITH heated windshield... I will be putting in a Pioneer Z1 later... just want to make sure there is nothing standing in my way of doing this...

No, the navigation is NOT an available factory option with the heated windshield because of the heating elements in the windshield. The heating elements degrade the GPS reception and I beleive the factory mounts the GPS antenna under the dash in a location that might be too deep to receive the signal but I am not sure.

The Z1 will work but it would be recommended that you mount the GPS antenna outside the vehicle to get the best reception. I know people with the heated windshield and Pioneer Z1 that have mounted the GPS antenna inside the vehicle and it works fine. When you install the radio there is a perfect location to mount the GPS antenna below the tray that is in the center of the dash. In my opinion you have a 95% probability that it will work in that location.

Edited by Lil Red

No, the navigation is NOT an available factory option with the heated windshield because of the heating elements in the windshield. The heating elements degrade the GPS reception and I beleive the factory mounts the GPS antenna under the dash in a location that might be too deep to receive the signal but I am not sure.

The Z1 will work but it would be recommended that you mount the GPS antenna outside the vehicle to get the best reception. I know people with the heated windshield and Pioneer Z1 that have mounted the GPS antenna inside the vehicle and it works fine. When you install the radio there is a perfect location to mount the GPS antenna below the tray that is in the center of the dash. In my opinion you have a 95% probability that it will work in that location.

There is about a 2-2.5" difference from the stock GPS antenna location from the top tray. (the OEM unit is installed under the airbag on the pass. side)

I cant recall exactly right now, But I do believe the wire harnesses are the same.

Update....I now have a factory nav unit in my Sport Trac. I bought the radio/nav from radiosandmore.com and they sent me the gps antenna and the dvd. I did have to get the Ford Dealership to program the unit for 50.00 bucks. Everything works perfect. I did go ahead an had them to turn on the sirius option just in case I wanted to install that unit later. It cost me $1,500.00 bucks for the whole deal which isn't bad since if books for $2,500.00 sticker not that any one would pay sticker.