Challenger outsold Mustang and Camaro in June (plus lots of talk about Peanut butter!)

Anthony

Didn't see this posted anywhere. I think this is a first. Challenger actually has a chance at outselling Camaro for the year at this point.

https://artofgears-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/artofgears.com/2017/07/07/dodge-challenger-ford-mustang-chevrolet-camaro-sales/amp/

While the 6,605 units that were sold in June 2017 was a step down from May 2017’s 6,989, the Challenger didn’t fall like the Mustang and the Camaro. The Ford took a big blow, with sales sliding from 7,895 to 6,186 units. Chevrolet’s muscle car on the other hand, slipped from 7,841 to a disappointing figure of 4,691. It seems the “Transformers Effect” and the Bumblebee image aren’t working in the Camaro’s favor anymore. Well, even the latest Transformers movie is struggling at the box office now.

As the race for the title of the “Best-Selling American Muscle Car of 2017” passes its halfway point, the Ford Mustang still has the clear edge with 44,608 units sold. The Chevrolet Camaro is far behind with 36,567 units and the Dodge Challenger is now dangerously close to the Chevy with sales figures of 35,910 units.

Edited by Anthony

The Challenger is more of a Muscle Car than a Pony car, while the Mustang and Camaro are turning into Sports cars. I don't think the 'Pony' car exists anymore.

I think Civic and Focus are closer to a Pony car than Mustang and Camaro. Cheap and affordable with a touch of sportiness.

Remember, if you want a car and not a truck, Dodge only has two choices. If they had a full line up, many of the Challenger sales would probably go elsewhere.

I'm not too sure about that.

Do you think Ford loses Mustang sales to a Fusion or Focus? I'm sure it happens, but a 2 door coupe and four door fwd cars are different enough to where if a Mustang loses a sale to them, they are just as likely to lose it to an SUV or CUV. I would think the same happens at your local Dodge / Chrysler Jeep dealer with their wide range of UVs. Basically it is a wash for any of the "pony-ish" cars.

Heavy incentives will have that effect

What are the current incentives for Challenger vs Mustang and Camaro? I was under the impression that Challenger does not get very big incentives being that it has very level sales over the past x years.

What are the current incentives for Challenger vs Mustang and Camaro? I was under the impression that Challenger does not get very big incentives being that it has very level sales over the past x years.

Honestly I don't know. I just said that knowing that FCA frequently does massive incentives.

Wait, Reese's Cups? I've never tried that, but dang, that sounds good!

Reese's products could literally make a 5 course meal for me. I am addicted to peanut butter.

Reese's sticks are my favorite.

Have y'all had Buckeyes (the candy)? Rolled peanut butter dough dipped in chocolate... an Ohio delicacy. We started making our s'mores with Reese cups in lieu of plain chocolate years ago, and we've never gone back.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter are a near-religious experience around here.

If you make it to Columbus, we'll make you all some buckeyes. (Our recipe measures peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar in *pounds*, not cups. There will be plenty.)

• Like 1

Have y'all had Buckeyes (the candy)? Rolled peanut butter dough dipped in chocolate... an Ohio delicacy. We started making our s'mores with Reese cups in lieu of plain chocolate years ago, and we've never gone back.

If you make it to Columbus, we'll make you all some buckeyes. (Our recipe measures peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar in *pounds*, not cups. There will be plenty.)

Bookmarking this post. For science.

• Like 1

Buckeyes are good, but still the Best Candy Bar is the Wunderbar. If anyone goes to Canada I highly recommenced buying a case. It is Peanut butter Cadbury Milk Chocolate (The good stuff they legally can't sell here) Carmel and a little waffer rice crisp.

• Like 1

Peanut butter between two home made chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk! I also used to open oreos and put peanut butter in between them.

I have a theory that any food can be improved by adding either peanut butter, whipped cream, cheese, BBQ sauce, or chocolate.

• Like 1

I'm not too sure about that.

Do you think Ford loses Mustang sales to a Fusion or Focus? I'm sure it happens, but a 2 door coupe and four door fwd cars are different enough to where if a Mustang loses a sale to them, they are just as likely to lose it to an SUV or CUV. I would think the same happens at your local Dodge / Chrysler Jeep dealer with their wide range of UVs. Basically it is a wash for any of the "pony-ish" cars.

Dodge is a different story though. There is literally nothing for a car buyer and the non cars are two uncompetitive CUV/Suv models, and last generation's minivan.

Although Ford probably doesn't loose many Mustang sales to a Fusion or Focus ST, if Ford had absoloutly no cars in its line up except Mustang and Taurus and all the Suv and Cuv models were all the previous generation models, then I think both would have more sales than they do as Ford fans who won't buy a truck or a 2007 Edge or Escape slightly updated as a 2017 model.

Although Mustang doesn't loose many sales, Challenger and Charger get more than they do because of the fact there is no choice.