2018 Ford Expedition X Plan pricing

brianullig

Hello,

I'm looking to order a new Ford Expedition and was wondering if anyone has gotten the X plan pricing yet? I saw some threads where people are getting the MSRP but was wondering about invoice and x plan pricing if that has been released yet?

Thanks for the reply. I actually got the quote back earlier and it's right at invoice. I guess I always thought X pricing was under invoice so maybe I had it confused with A pricing. In any event going to try to get under invoice as I have never purchased a vehicle at or over invoice.

X plan used to be 0.4% below invoice. A few years ago they added a $275 fee so now it's roughly $150 over invoice. Still a good no haggle deal and they can only charge $100 doc fee but not quite as cheap as before.

There are legal issues in some states regarding that $100 Doc Fee limitation. If the Dealer charges the $100 Doc Fee per Ford's policy, the dealership could be open to class action litigation from all other customers that paid the dealership's regular "Doc" fee. Ford's policy cannot require a Dealer to then be liable to all other customers that have paid the dealership's regular "Doc" fee and then expect a refund for the difference. And the "Doc" fee is anything but extra profit to the dealership considering the time and labor involved in preparing, processing, registering vehicles, etc. in Connecticut. CT's DMV requires the Dealer to be a collection agent for the state if the customer has outstanding vehicle property taxes, etc.

Just a follow-up to the "Doc" fee information above... If the customer has outstanding property taxes the dealership has to pay those taxes, get a receipt showing that the taxes were paid, and send the receipt to the DMV which then has to update/clear the outstanding tax issue before the new vehicle can be registered. In some cases it means sending a driver to the local DMV office in order to expedite matters. In addition, the dealership has to send used vehicles for emissions testing to a CT licensed facility when necessary before those vehicles can be sold and registered. For most late model vehicles, the dealership can due a "VIN check" process internally.

The point is that while the "Doc" fee is most often viewed as an additional profit center to dealerships, there is often a lot of time consuming work that has to be done along with the associated labor costs, etc. of hiring drivers to go to DMV's either in state or out-of-state in order to expedite vehicle registrations for customers. At least in CT, customers will sign more forms at delivery than they would for a real estate transaction! Hope this helps anyone who has questions about the whole "Doc" fee matter.

Edited by ice-capades

Good to know about the doc fee. I went ahead and ordered earlier and my sales sheet didn't even include a doc fee so hopefully I'm good. When I ordered my F150 I did not get X pricing but I got 1,000 back of invoice and they got me with a 598 doc fee.