What are the chances?

As far as the camo mules running around CO, it would not surprise me if they are exactly what they look like, ROW Rangers with Everest grilles covered with a camo wrap and/or a vinyl bra with an F-150 shaped "grille" opening. It all looks way too obvious that Ford could just be playing with everyone and it is entirely possible that the production 2019 Ranger will look nothing at all like any of those mules. As has been stated before, it sure seems unlikely that Ford would be spending the amount of time and resources that has been rumored just to release a warmed over T6 with an Everest grille. That would be an epic waste.

It is also possible that what we are seeing on the roads now are just the mid-cycle update mules for the ROW markets and that the 2019 Ranger that will be sold in North America truly is a next generation model. The Australian press has been reporting just such a scenario where they would get another MCE before 2019 but would not get the next gen until a year after we do.

It is also possible that what we are seeing on the roads now are just the mid-cycle update mules for the ROW markets and that the 2019 Ranger that will be sold in North America truly is a next generation model. The Australian press has been reporting just such a scenario where they would get another MCE before 2019 but would not get the next gen until a year after we do.

FYI, Ranger with everest grille is the current ROW MCE.

FAP at Geelong is just over two and a half years into the next generation Ranger design

and should be approaching final design lock either at the end of the year or early next year.

What you're seeing now is attribute prototypes, vehicles with similar weight and driving parameters

but probably more concerned with HVAC and sorting power train in vehicles that look little different

to what we have in the rest of the world.All the X-Ray vision in the world is useless because Ford

wants to keep everyone guessing.

Hmmm.... Seem a Massive waste to throw out a new MCE right before the new generation comes out, especially with only a year or 2 to hold tight and save pennies

If that MCE is for the ROW market (which it would have to be since we don't even have the Ranger yet) it makes reasonable sense. The last MCE for the T6 was for model year 2015 and if those markets are not getting the next gen until 2020...

Its also important to realize that the Ranger is Ford's truck for the rest of the world and that market is highly competitive with many more brands than the handful we currently have here in North America. My guess is there are more changes under the skin (diesel engine lineup?) than what we are seeing in a few spy shots. The minor styling changes are a nothing burger.

Something else to consider is that if we truly are getting the next gen before the ROW then MAP would be the guinea pig for any production issues. Seems to me there may still be hope for some major changes. Aluminum body perhaps?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/558360/2018-ford-ranger-and-everest-spied-testing-aeb-and-new-tech-coming/

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 1

As far as the camo mules running around CO, it would not surprise me if they are exactly what they look like, ROW Rangers with Everest grilles covered with a camo wrap and/or a vinyl bra with an F-150 shaped "grille" opening. It all looks way too obvious that Ford could just be playing with everyone and it is entirely possible that the production 2019 Ranger will look nothing at all like any of those mules. As has been stated before, it sure seems unlikely that Ford would be spending the amount of time and resources that has been rumored just to release a warmed over T6 with an Everest grille. That would be an epic waste.

My opinion from the beginning has been that we would get a next-gen model, as the timing seemed to line up with that, and for the fact that I agree, it seems like a waste for them to debut a refreshed model just to replace it a couple years later with an all new model (unless the ROW model would "wait" on the US version getting a redesign in its' timeline). All the test vehicles to this point have pointed toward nothing but a slightly modified ROW model, though.

My opinion from the beginning has been that we would get a next-gen model, as the timing seemed to line up with that, and for the fact that I agree, it seems like a waste for them to debut a refreshed model just to replace it a couple years later with an all new model (unless the ROW model would "wait" on the US version getting a redesign in its' timeline). All the test vehicles to this point have pointed toward nothing but a slightly modified ROW model, though.

Think about the genesis of Ranger,

T6 was Ford Asia Pacific's first truck and ther was a steep learning curve during development

and a lot of things were done to elevate the standing of Ranger in global markets as opposed

to the previous Mazda design. Since its relearse seven years ago, Ford has taken the time

to learn what customers like and also what can be improved with technology advances.

The greatest part about having North America on board is that we finally see the performance

gasoline side flourish and maybe some really nice Lariat / Titanium / Platinum level trims

to really woo top end buyers.

So I would expect "T7" to be a heavy evolution of T6 that includes all stakeholders but in particular,

addresses everything that North America now sees as crucial to deliver a class leading vehicle.

In ROW markets, Ranger smashes the absolute crap out of Colorado, let's hope it does the same in the US.

• Like 1

Think about the genesis of Ranger,

T6 was Ford Asia Pacific's first truck and ther was a steep learning curve during development

and a lot of things were done to elevate the standing of Ranger in global markets as opposed

to the previous Mazda design. Since its relearse seven years ago, Ford has taken the time

to learn what customers like and also what can be improved with technology advances.

The greatest part about having North America on board is that we finally see the performance

gasoline side flourish and maybe some really nice Lariat / Titanium / Platinum level trims

to really woo top end buyers.

So I would expect "T7" to be a heavy evolution of T6 that includes all stakeholders but in particular,

addresses everything that North America now sees as crucial to deliver a class leading vehicle.

In ROW markets, Ranger smashes the absolute crap out of Colorado, let's hope it does the same in the US.

You certainly know a lot more about Ranger than I do.

The last day of work before shutdown. Afternoons was canceled. There was in fact a car hauler at MAP with multiple ROW Rangers on it with no camo with current (Everest) front grill on them. It was posted on the facebook page FWIW Fuzzy. ;)

yeah they wouldn't let me into the Facebook group. Whatever.

The last day of work before shutdown. Afternoons was canceled. There was in fact a car hauler at MAP with multiple ROW Rangers on it with no camo with current (Everest) front grill on them. It was posted on the facebook page FWIW Fuzzy. ;)

Ok, so what exactly are these? MCE for ROW or the same truck we get in 2019? I'm betting on MCE.

Anyone have a link to the Facebook page? I didn't see any pics like that on the page I found.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Michigan-assembly-plant/272440332775463

So where are the photos that the rest of us can see? Doesn't sound like anything earth shattering here unless they are telling you this is exactly what you will be building, which I doubt would be the case.

Any vehicles you see at the moment are simply power train and HVAC Mules using the current body.

seriously, North America won't be getting an MCE on an eight year old platform..

Is this your speculation (of which I agree and have been saying before they confirmed it), or do you have any info that supports this?