2019 Ford Focus sedan spied

They must have seen a very different mule then what the recent spy pics caught. This above rendering does not show the wave belt line, wide shoulders, 5 bolt wheel etc etc. Terrible rendering IMO.

I like the BMW tail light they used, but they got internet clicks so mission accomplished.

Here are all the mule variants . The last image of the sedan shows the "wave" upper character line which is quite like the current Mazda design language. Like someone stepped on the B-pillar crunching the middle of the car a tad. Not a good look IMO.

post-25487-0-95551600-1501241165_thumb.jpg

post-25487-0-02483400-1501241351_thumb.jpg

Edited by MKII
  • Like 1

...The last image of the sedan shows the "wave" belt line which is quite like the current Mazda design language. Like someone stepped on the B-pillar crunching the middle of the car a tad. Not a good look IMO.

tho it doesn't make me seasick like Mazda & Audi

tho it doesn't make me seasick like Mazda & Audi

Agreed, it is not as lumpy and humpy as Mazda's but it still looks wrong to my eyes.

I edited my post from belt line to upper character line, as I used incorrect terminology for that wave line. :doh:

So looks like only the sedan and wagon has the wave line?

Hatch seems to have straight belt line.

BTW, looks like for sure this will be the first Focus to ditch the 3-window side profile that's been a hallmark of Focus since introduction.

Edited by bzcat

Agreed, it is not as lumpy and humpy as Mazda's but it still looks wrong to my eyes.

I edited my post from belt line to upper character line, as I used incorrect terminology for that wave line. :doh:

imho hatch-vs-others still might diff in lighting

&

afaik the term might be "shoulder-line"

I've lost track if these were posted before... but you can see part of the contour of the front grille under the camo. Looks like the current design theme will continue.

Also you can really see clearly the shoulder line on the side. The car has "hips".

I'm just eye balling it for size but it wouldn't surprise me if this Focus is a little bigger than Mk1 Contour/Mondeo

autohomecar__wKgH1Fl2Il2AeKF2AAXZ3w7qi4Y

autohomecar__wKgH01l2ImCAFwTqAAkp4houK3Y

autohomecar__wKgH4ll2Il6ANSHvAAZdzmANzhE

autohomecar__wKgH41l2Il-Af7cnAAmTmQcZP34

Edited by bzcat

I'd be interested in a ST version of the wagon. Looks to be just big enough inside for family use while the ST engine and manual trans would keep it fun to drive.

Think there's a chance Ford offers an ST wagon? Let alone do we get it stateside?

I think there's a 0% chance we get the wagon period, let alone an ST version.

Too bad. To get the same interior room in the Ford lineup, you'd have to go up to Edge at least. That is a very significant step up in MSRP. I can't help but think Ford is giving up sales by not offering something with more room in the focus MSRP range.

Um Escape?!