boost gauge.........sensor?

2005 f350 6.0, parked in my shop and the batteries were dead after 2 weeks on vacation, (I left a few items plugged into 12vdc ports charging) charged it up and started right up.
next day cruising down the road about 75 the wrench icon showed up, strange. I reviewed my scan gauge and only thing not correct was my boost, it was 20lbs plus, idles at 14lbs. dash gauge appears normal.
next morning I turned on the key, turned on my scan gauge engine is not running and the reading show 14.4lbs on my scan gauge. so..... adding the 14.4 to the scan gauge reading thru the drive cycle. so my computer thinks it is seeing 20-30 boost during acceleration.
a bad sensor......... but don't know which one.
can anybody explain how the boost gauge knows what the boost lbs are................

quote.gif

Might want to get a DTC and DIAGNOSE the issue before you load the parts cannon. Is your scan gage set to Manifold Gage Pressure (MGP) or Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)? Roughly 14 psi is correct for MAP. 0 is correct for MGP. MGP is MAP minus barometric. So, MGP can be skewed by an aftermarket tuner, BARO or MAP issue, in addition to having some kind of mechanical fault.