Ford June 2017 Sales Down 5.1% Overall; Lincoln up 5.3%

I don't have full timelines, but:

-CD6 alive and well... "we'll see evidence of soon"

-What started as the Model E project has now come to umbrella several products. C and C/D entries accelerated on the new architecture.

-Aggressive updates to F-150 and Super Duty coming fast and furious... blood in the water for the GM twins, and some Ram product coming could help land "a one-two punch."

-Bronco and Ranger are getting some balls in their launch plans... finally.

Great to hear about CD6. My ideas for evidence of CD6:

-next gen MKZ concept (whatever name they give it)

-Aviator concept

-Explorer concept (would they overshadow their won 2018 model?)

-Lincoln coupe surprise?

Any other thoughts? What else have we suspected would be on CD6? The above plus Fusion? Mustang? They wouldn't show a Mustang concept right when the 2018 is coming out.

Good to hear on Model E. They need it. Hopefully it extends to some Lincoln products too, they definitely need some electrified vehicles.

I wonder what aggressive updated could be coming? Considering F-150's refresh is coming out in a few months. Super Duty makes sense as it hasn't had a refresh.

Excellent news about Bronco and Ranger, they could use it. I wouldn't mind getting in on that PM ;)

I wonder if it'd be possible for them to bump Bronco production up to 2019 alongside Ranger? With a concept shown this autoshow season?

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

I wonder if it'd be possible for them to bump Bronco production up to 2019 alongside Ranger? With a concept shown this autoshow season?

As nice as that would be for my wallet, god I hope not. One major product launch is hard enough. 2 would be ridiculous.

Best I would hope for would be instead of launching a year after the Ranger, make it more like 6-9 months.

• Like 1

-What started as the Model E project has now come to umbrella several products. C and C/D entries accelerated on the new architecture.

-Aggressive updates to F-150 and Super Duty coming fast and furious... blood in the water for the GM twins, and some Ram product coming could help land "a one-two punch."

This information is a major reason to be optimistic about Ford right now. I was getting to be a little bit of a disgruntled Ford fan regarding their pace of bringing fresh products to market.

• Like 1

They're about the size of the Escape but a little wider and maybe a foot longer from what I was told

Thats fucking perfect! I'm hoping for something around the size of the Edge.

Though it might be a pain to fit a piece of plywood back there...which is primary reason why I'm going with a CUV/SUV vs a sedan (Home Depot runs...though I just found out the SHO can fit a 8-9 ft long piece of molding in it with the seats down, which I also just discovered-thought Ford did away with it for whatever reason)....but I'd also like to add a second Pony to the driveway before I turn 50 (7 years from now)

Thats fucking perfect! I'm hoping for something around the size of the Edge.

If the mules are Everest based and "about a foot longer and a bit wider" than Escape...

Everest:

192" long

73" wide

112" wheelbase

Escape:

178" long

72: wide

105" wheelbase

Compared to...

Edge:

188" long

78" wide

112" wheelbase

Explorer:

198" long

79" wide

112.8" wheelbase

• Like 1

https://www.motor1.com/news/173248/2019-ford-super-duty-spied/

Proof that your statements are accurate:

2019-ford-super-duty-spy-photos.jpg

2019-ford-super-duty-spy-photos.jpg

One thing is for sure, Ford doesn't mess around when it comes to trucks. If there is anything that needs to be updated on trucks or new tech that can be added, you usually see it added regardless of full update schedule.

That hasn't been the case with the Super Duty until the 2017 model. I'm glad to see it finally getting some love (as I proved my putting one in my garage).

Do they really need to drive around with camo for that though?

That was my first thought, but with a new grille and likely different headlights and tail lights (possibly smoked), they want to keep them hidden.

How better to get free publicity and buzz even if it's just a new grille?

and this ^^^

I'm shocked at all the new Super Duties I see where I live...its not exactly the wilderness here :)

I wasn't a fan of it when I saw the photos, but after seeing them in person with the lightbar effect on the headlights, its my favorite look for them since the 2007MY...its been a hot mess with the different headlight designs since then.

In many rural areas, the upper-trim levels of the Super Duty are today what the Grand Marquis/Ninety-Eight Regency/Electra 225/Chrysler New Yorker were in the 1970s.

I recently flew to Asheville NC. I reserved a compact rental car but was given a Ram Laramie 4 door Hemi. I arrived at midnight and was too tired to argue. (There were no more small cars available.) At first the truck intimidated me, but I loved it the more I drove it. Those big pickups and SUV's are the closest driving experience to the big RWD sedans of the 1960's through 1980's available now. If I could afford a $45,000 to $60,000 vehicle, I would certain prefer a large 4 door pickup to any current Lincoln or Cadillac sedan.

• Like 1