5th wheel towing and towing features

I ordered a new F350 c/c and chose all the towing and trailer options. Can anyone tell me if they put the camera plug (12 pin) in the bed of the truck also? Also why do most of the features not work or help with either a 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer? I would think since most, if not all, are purchased for towing purposes. They could do more to include all types of trailers?

Edited by Desrtrat

Yes, I asked them repeatedly. Unfortunately I have found more information here than what they knew! I've asked other sales people including managers. I was told they didn't know or will find out. Then get mixed answers.

Edited by Desrtrat

I ordered a new F350 c/c and chose all the towing and trailer options. Can anyone tell me if they put the camera plug (12 pin) in the bed of the truck also? Also why do most of the features not work or help with either a 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer? I would think since most, if not all, are purchased for towing purposes. They could do more to include all types of trailers?

There is no 12 pin plug in the bed for some unknown reason. Severe oversight by Ford IMO. There are some options out there, and if you look here, you will find folks that have used an adapter to put a connection in the bed.

As far as the features towing fivers and goosenecks, it's just a matter of the tail lights being blocked by the trailer you are towing.

Yes, I asked them repeatedly. Unfortunately I have found more information here than what they knew! I've asked other sales people including managers. I was told they didn't know or will find out. Then get mixed answers.

A good source of information would then be the dealer of the fifth wheeler you are buying.....I hope.

A good source of information would then be the dealer of the fifth wheeler you are buying.....I hope.

The fifth wheel dealer will know very little about the fifth wheel he's selling, and zero about the Ford trucks. It's amazing how little (most) sales people know about the product they sell.

• 1 month later...