Super Duty build delays

glrret

RDF, thank you for responding but, that date does not change to the date viewed. The date only changes when something within the system triggers and event with the order or a specific number of days passes. If I were to view the sticker every day of the week it would not change days each time.

Could one of the very helpful folks with access to the system please look and see what has changed with my truck order as of today? The date on my window sticker changer to 7/8/2017 and from what I understand that means something has happened with the schedule or something.

Thanks you

You're going to drive yourself nuts constantly looking at the window sticker and trying to decode every little thing on it.

Nothings changed.

A watched pot never boils.

• Like 1

Good morning Pioneer, lol I didn't think anything had changed, I had the feeling that the dated changed just due to 8 dates or so went by and the sticker just did a refresh and got re-dated. I know the factory is still shut down I'm merely trying to figure out a pattern but quickly finding that there is no pattern at all it seems totally random.

The factory shutdown has put the delivery of the new truck really close to the date I'm due to go on vacation and I'm concerned if the truck is delayed either by something at the factory or in shipping that I will need to cancel my vacation this year and wait till next year.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I was the same way until mine got built, Pioneer ad to get me to settle down a couple of times when there didn't seem to be any movement.

My dealer called me yesterday to tell me that they are expecting the truck to arrive late next week. I think that's a bit early considering it was built on 7/18. But we'll see, I figure it will be the 3td or the 4th....

Keep the faith Dane it really WILL get built and you WILL be driving it soon. ​ :victory:

Ya I was the same way until mine got built, Pioneer ad to get me to settle down a couple of times when there didn't seem to be any movement.

My dealer called me yesterday to tell me that they are expecting the truck to arrive late next week. I think that's a bit early considering it was built on 7/18. But we'll see, I figure it will be the 3td or the 4th....

Keep the faith Dane it really WILL get built and you WILL be driving it soon. ​ :victory:

It's on a train in Ohio right now. :)

Pioneer can see all! I stopped asking on mine! Mine's supposed to be built this week (7/24) and trying to track it's 24/7 movement on a train would drive both him and me crazy. Every time I get the urge to ask about an update I stick a butter knife in an electrical outlet and I lose focus for a while. The problem is I think I'm starting to get used to the pain. I guess I'm going to have to move up to 220v. Now if you will excuse me for a minute, I have to go unplug the clothes dryer. Where did I put that butter knife??

Pioneer can see all! I stopped asking on mine! Mine's supposed to be built this week (7/24) and trying to track it's 24/7 movement on a train would drive both him and me crazy. Every time I get the urge to ask about an update I stick a butter knife in an electrical outlet and I lose focus for a while. The problem is I think I'm starting to get used to the pain. I guess I'm going to have to move up to 220v. Now if you will excuse me for a minute, I have to go unplug the clothes dryer. Where did I put that butter knife??

It's scheduled to be built on Friday the 28th. Dealer ETA August 14th to 20th.

Hey, Spitwad, I haven't resorted to shock therapy yet I'm still at the hammer and pounding my thumb stage. I'm right handed so I swing the hammer with my left. My aim with my left isn't that great so I have a 50/50 chance of connecting. If I make contact the truck anxiety is gone for about 2 or 3 hours, if I miss I'm good for about 1 to 2 hours because I'm relieved I didn't smash my thumb or fingers again.

In all actuality, I have found this wait to be very educational and I've met some fantastic people along the way. People like Pioneer that are willing to help folks like you and I with status updates and bits of information that help releive some of the anxiety.

And I've learned a lot about the truck, O' and I've managed to accumulate a whole pile of new accessories in my garage for the new truck....

Just a FYI - your dealer can see everything that Pioneer sees. Most are simply ignorant or too lazy to go look it up for you.

Some are. Some aren't. My dealer would always call me when there was an update to my Focus order. Really great guy. He was always amused that after he started the conversation with "guess what?" that I already knew what he was going to say. I called him when it arrived at the dealership to tell him. He didn't know yet. :)

• Like 1

Some are. Some aren't. My dealer would always call me when there was an update to my Focus order. Really great guy. He was always amused that after he started the conversation with "guess what?" that I already knew what he was going to say. I called him when it arrived at the dealership to tell him. He didn't know yet. :)

Lol, That's great Pioneer. My dealer hasn't been all that great or responsive to questions or status updates. They basically said, in the beginning, they would let me know when it arrives. When you tell me something new on the status, sometimes I ask them if for status and they so no "We will let you know when something happens". the last real information I got from them was the VIN about 3 days after I placed the order and I had to ask for that.

So basically without Pioneer, I would even know if the truck was built or when it was expected to arrive.

I'm hoping I will know before they do when it arrives in Boston and when it will arrive at the dealership.... That way I can give them some suggestions on customer service improvements...

So Pioneer is the truck in Massachusetts yet?

Ya, I know but sometimes dealerships don't like to give too much information to customers, they treat us like cultivated mushrooms.... keep us in the dark and feed us SH _ T....

I know, but the point is to push back on the dealer to provide it or at least let the dealer know that you know they're being lazy. And use that when selecting a dealer for your next purchase.

Too many people let the dealers off the hook because they don't know that the dealer has access to the info.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean, I get excited for all the folks that say they are headed to the dealership to pick up their new trucks... And I look forward to seeing pictures of them. for the time being, this is my pass-time. I least my wife knows where I am.... ;)

It's interesting how much trucks mean to their owners. Alot of these trucks cost as much or more than a luxury vehicle, so in many cases it is a choice to own a truck verses something like that. I can't imagine not having my truck.

Edited by tbone

We saw a crew cab long bed dually F350 platinum at the restaurant last week. My wife was shocked when I told her how much it actually cost.

Then again you can get a full sized SUV over $100K now.

Edited by akirby

The real reason I'm getting an F-350 CC LB dually with most of the bell and whistles is for comfort and the safety factor. I will be retiring next year and the wife and I will be spending the kid's inheritance by touring the country. I already have my 5th wheel picked out and I wanted a truck that would pull it with the largest safety margin I could get. my current truck is a 2007 3/4 ton that isn't bad but I hear the 2017 F-350 is great.

As for cost, the $73K for the truck puts it real close to the cost of my house. I built my house myself 15 years ago and only paid $80K for materials, it is now valued at $275K. I don't expect the truck to gain value like that but if it keeps going till the kids take my drivers license away I'll be happy.

• Like 1