Super Duty build delays

glrret

I ordered my new F-350 lariat on 5/30/17, my dealer provided me with a VIN of 1FT8W3DT1HEE16516 on 6/5/17. I was later informed of a build date during the week of 7/17/17 due to the 2 week shut down of the Kentucky factory and an est delivery of 8-10 August. I've been hearing about significant delays in the builds and shipping of all 250 super duties and an even more significant delay with the 350's.

I want to now two things, have the dates for my build and delivery changed, and is there something happening that will delay delivery of my new truck? The main reason for my concern is a planned vacation that is dependent on the delivery of the new truck. If the delivery is delayed, I will be forced to abandon this truck and move to a different manufacturer that may have one that fits my needs on the lot.

I ordered my new F-350 lariat on 5/30/17, my dealer provided me with a VIN of 1FT8W3DT1HEE16516 on 6/5/17. I was later informed of a build date during the week of 7/17/17 due to the 2 week shut down of the Kentucky factory and an est delivery of 8-10 August. I've been hearing about significant delays in the builds and shipping of all 250 super duties and an even more significant delay with the 350's.

I want to now two things, have the dates for my build and delivery changed, and is there something happening that will delay delivery of my new truck? The main reason for my concern is a planned vacation that is dependent on the delivery of the new truck. If the delivery is delayed, I will be forced to abandon this truck and move to a different manufacturer that may have one that fits my needs on the lot.

I can't answer your questions, but you do know that your dealer can locate you one in stock, right? I would hate to see you move to a different manufacturer just because your truck is taking longer than expected. You'd be missing out on a truly great truck with the new SD. Don't hurt yourself in an attempt to spite Ford or your dealer for your truck taking longer. You will be disappointed.

The two things that bother me the most is that I ordered this truck based on the salesman saying it will arrive on time and I ordered a new 2018 Grand Design 5th wheel that will match the colors. The camper has already arrived at the camper dealership and they will hold it for me until the truck arrives. Now if the truck is delayed I will not be able to haul the camper with my current truck and will have to cancel the trip until next year and the camper will set at the dealer until the truck arrives. Then the camper will set until next year without being used.

I just think that Ford should step up and provide a bit more support and feedback to a customer that is willing to order a vehicle special and ensure it get built quickly. The 12 to 16 week build times is just to long.

1 - never rely on something the salesman tells you

2 - plan ahead. Ordering a truck first of June for an August trip is cutting it too close. You never know when some option or parts are unavailable or delayed or if there is a shipping delay outside Ford's control.

Order earlier or find something on the lot. The dealer can search several states to find one with the right colors and options.

• Like 1

1 - never rely on something the salesman tells you

2 - plan ahead. Ordering a truck first of June for an August trip is cutting it too close. You never know when some option or parts are unavailable or delayed or if there is a shipping delay outside Ford's control.

Order earlier or find something on the lot. The dealer can search several states to find one with the right colors and options.

My trip is not until the September but I wanted to get the break-in miles done before heading out... and ya I know "never truck what a deals says"... but one can hope that everything works out as planned.....

A delivery of mid-August should be plenty of time to get those break-in miles in. Don't worry about the 1k Ford recommends. Just get 500 on it and hook it up! That's easy to do in a short period of time once you realize how nice and fun to drive these things are.

If you need the 5th wheel home sooner, I'm sure the RV dealer would deliver assuming you don't live too far away. I mean, you did just spend lots of money with them.

BTW, I love the Grand Design fivers. Very nice rigs! What model did you get?

Your truck is scheduled to the day of July 17th so it will be built the first day the plant resumes production. Estimated delivery to your dealer is between July 27th and August 2nd.

I don't know if its an allocation thing, but looking at your dealers current orders they only have one other truck that had the same body code as yours (W3D) that has been built this model year.

The dealer looks small on paper, that coupled with a 2 week summer shutdown that had been 1 week in years past, may have made the order take as long as it has.

Edited by Pioneer

Thank you Pioneer, Yes the dealer is small compared to dealers in southern Maine and a LOT smaller than dealers in other States. They don't do I high volume but purchasing a truck from a larger dealer means driving over 100 miles south to find a larger dealer and even they would still be a small dealer compared to driving 250 miles to go down to the Boston area. Plus buying from a dealer out of state gets real complicated and expensive with Maine's Tax law. What it boils down to is paying sales tax twice once to MA. and then again in Maine, its all most like an import tax for not buying in Maine and supporting local business and then having to pay $24 on the $1000 for Excise Tax to register it. Up until recently Maine was considered the highest taxed State in the country, but the last Governor said he would lower taxes, so he changes the way the State collected revenue and started calling things FEEs not taxes, and now we pay even more but they claim they have lowered taxes.

1 other thing, when do you think I should be seeing a window sticker on my truck?

O well I guess I could always more right.

As lone as the truck gets delivered in the 1st or 2nd week of August I'll be okay.

Thanks agian

Edited by glrret

With the factory shutting down for 2 weeks prior to the build would that mean I should see the window sticker before the factory shuts down or will there still be people working during that 2 weeks that do that sort of stuff?

Well I got a look at my window sticker on the 26th. there are 2 dates on it that I'm not sure what either of them means.... maybe someone here can explain: one is in the grey area just below the words "Special Order" " 6/22/2017" and the other is in the white area on the bottom center "6/23/2017"

And I was also wondering if my built date is still the 17 of July and an EST delivery of 8/8/2017

Edited by glrret

That's for delivery to your dealer, not the build date.

Okay guys I have my window sticker for my 2018 F-150 and dealer is telling me I have an expected delivery date of 31 July to 6 Aug.

But how do I get that info from looking at the window sticker? I see a lot of dates or what could be dates but don't know what I'm looking at.

thanks,

F-150 Synch

Okay guys I have my window sticker for my 2018 F-150 and dealer is telling me I have an expected delivery date of 31 July to 6 Aug.

But how do I get that info from looking at the window sticker? I see a lot of dates or what could be dates but don't know what I'm looking at.

thanks,

F-150 Synch

If you have a VIN use this link and you will see whats happening. http://www.cotusb.ford.com/

Edited by glrret

Could one of the very helpful folks with access to the system please look and see what has changed with my truck order as of today? The date on my window sticker changer to 7/8/2017 and from what I understand that means something has happened with the schedule or something.

Thanks you