More EcoSport Competition: Hyundai Kona

Anthony

Looks like the headlights are, in fact, molded into the grey plastic that also forms the wheel well. The little slice lens above looks to be the turn signal (I think.) The DRL's and maybe fogs look to be in the lower fascia. At least that's how it looks to me. It does kinda' look like a Subaru - wonder if its available in AWD.

EDIT: ..just took a closer look at the rear pic. Its badged 4WD.

Edited by chefduane

Is this made off the Kia Niro platform?

No, this is based on the next gen Hyundai Accent/Kia Rio/Kia Soul platform. Niro is bigger.

EcoSport is going to look really dated and cheap next to Kona. I hope the next gen EcoSport is on fast track development (we know it is probably not but still...)

I like that term "over styled" and agree completely. But the 25-35yr over-bearded full sleeve tattoo and high & tight crew cut crowd will probably love it. (Nothing against over-bearded full sleeved tattoo high & tight crew cut types but, hey, talk about "over styled!") :headspin:

Ford should look at doing this in NA with bringing over the Fiesta Active (stupid name BTW) and the Focus.

x2

Agree with your opinion of the naming, the Fiesta product would be a quick fix that might be surprisingly close to this type of product.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Harley Lover

And I would argue that very few of those Lexuses are selling in the same price range as the Navigator will be. I'm willing to bet that the LX 570 sells at less than half the rate of the current generation Cadillac Escalade monthly. And I would classify the Escalade styling as conservative versus the Lexus.