When will the "Build and Price" for the 2018 F150 be available

YMark

I can understand that, but I"m not interested in a 2017, and I can't order one anyway. No lots will have my configuration. They might as well throw up the 2018 build and price stuff.

Easy for you to say - you're not stuck with tens of thousands of unsold 2017 models that you have to sell first.

The order guide already available - that tells you exactly what you can or can't order.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/372-2018-f-150-order-guide/

• Like 1

I can understand that, but I"m not interested in a 2017, and I can't order one anyway. No lots will have my configuration. They might as well throw up the 2018 build and price stuff.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I can go to my dealer and order one, but can't build and price beforehand so I don't miss something I want. I don't want a 17 either, so just gotta wait.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I can go to my dealer and order one, but can't build and price beforehand so I don't miss something I want. I don't want a 17 either, so just gotta wait.

The order guide is already posted and tells you everything you can or can't order.

Some people would be upset if they did a build and price on a 2018 then went to the dealer only to find out they weren't in stock yet.

The order guide is already posted and tells you everything you can or can't order.

Some people would be upset if they did a build and price on a 2018 then went to the dealer only to find out they weren't in stock yet.

People that are doing "build and price" do it with the expectation that they will be ordering a truck, hence "build". And they can go to a dealer and order now. The 2017 "build and price" makes no sense since you can't order a 2017.

• Like 1

Yes, but you can do a 2017 build and price to give you a general idea of pricing and the go to a dealership and ask "do you have or can you swap for this configuration?" And most people do not order a car, they buy off the lot or do a dealer swap. And it makes no business sense for any company to provide a tool to build and price a product that cannot be bought from existing inventory when the objective is to liquidate said existing inventory as expeditiously as possible. I mean, if I have 500 yo-yo's that I need to sell asap, why would I provide a mechanism to build and price a yo-yo that is not one of those 500?

Also, the manufacturer/dealer business relationship model is unique in the retail sales segment. Contrary to what some might think, FMC does listen to their dealer network. Dealers might be VERY annoyed if their corporate partner was undermining their current model year sales by providing a mechanism for the consumer to order a product not on the lot. (see post #4)

Edited by chefduane

Yes, but you can do a 2017 build and price to give you a general idea of pricing and the go to a dealership and ask "do you have or can you swap for this configuration?" And most people do not order a car, they buy off the lot or do a dealer swap. And it makes no business sense for any company to provide a tool to build and price a product that cannot be bought from existing inventory when the objective is to liquidate said existing inventory as expeditiously as possible. I mean, if I have 500 yo-yo's that I need to sell asap, why would I provide a mechanism to build and price a yo-yo that is not one of those 500?

Also, the manufacturer/dealer business relationship model is unique in the retail sales segment. Contrary to what some might think, FMC does listen to their dealer network. Dealers might be VERY annoyed if their corporate partner was undermining their current model year sales by providing a mechanism for the consumer to order a product not on the lot. (see post #4)

The thing is you can actually order an 18 now, but can't do the build and price yourself and then print it and bring it to the dealer and ask them to order it. The way it is now, you have to tie up a salesman's time on something they won't be able to sell for at least 5 months, while he might be able to be selling one of his 500 yo-yo's you have no interest in purchasing.

If the desire is to buy an '18 then use the order guide which clearly lists all the bells and whistles available with pricing. Print it out (the link is in #4), highlight the build configuration you want, price it out, go to the dealership and ask the salesman to order it. Isn't that the same thing? If the desire is to use a Ford 'build and price' software tool then you have to buy a '17. And the salesman will be credited with the sale regardless of whether the paperwork is for an ordered '18 or a '17 taken out of inventory (his or another dealer's).

I mean, you're asking a business to sell a product that is not yet available and you want them to provide the software tools to configure it before it is available. For example, if a guy comes in at 10am and wants to order dinner, I'll provide him my dinner menu, take his order, and let him know that his dinner order will be ready at 6pm. But right now I'm serving brunch. If you want brunch have a seat! :victory:

• 1 month later...

So here's a question on the build and price thing;

If I provision a 802A with Tech I get the B&O premium sound system.

Above that in the list on the left side it shows a "Kicker Subwoofer" option that is not included.

Does the 10 speaker B&O system contain a subwoofer of it's own, and this separately listed subwoofer is for folks who did not option the B&O system? Is that it?

F-150Synch