Lincoln service trip | Dealership over the top ACES!!

So, last month (May 2017) I have some minor issues with my 2011 Lincoln MKX that warrants a trip to the dealership for some repairs. I stopped the week before to schedule the service and since I was going to be on vacation the following week, wasn't in a pressing need to get my Lincoln back ASAP so I tell them to do a detail service to shine her up like new....she was getting a little "dusty" and just needed a good clean up. Drop the car off at the appointed time and they gave me a lift home (In a new MKZ of course) but when I drop it off, I am told that the shampoo machine has a "bad motor" and they won't be able to shampoo the rugs....minor issue and they promise to vacuum it real good and take a good portion off the detail due to this. I say "OK"....fast forward to end of day and I get a call that the reported additional issue needs some parts that won't be in until tomorrow....they offer to allow me to pick up my car and bring it back the next day. Ehhh, I am on vacation so no biggie, keep the car over night and I will just pick it up tomorrow.

Tomorrow comes and they call me with "good news and bad news" ....good news is, the mechanical issues are fixed and my ESP covered everything with no issues but unfortunately the "detail guy" did not come to work the second day and we could not get the car detailed. Hhrumph I think to myself and chalk the "faux pas" to timing....long story short, I get the car detailed elsewhere later in the week and the dealership calls two weeks later saying "Good news, we got our shampooer fixed" and you can bring the car in....sigh....it was already done....not really a big deal, but just a "misstep" in an otherwise decent service experience.

Last week, an email shows up asking me to rate my service and I tell them what exactly happened, not trashing them, but voicing my disappointment in the experience. I get a direct email from the owner of the Auto Group offering to "make it right" and how he would like to meet with me to discuss it, so I agreed and met with him today at the Ford/Lincoln dealership. We had a good conversation and he apologized to me for the "misstep" and offered me a free detail service. I was truly impressed with the way the owner himself took the time to meet me and listen to my concerns....they secured my business for good with this.

Thank you Joe Steet of the Steet Ponte Auto Group, you are a good, caring owner that takes the level of service his various stores offer personally and when there is a slip up, he addresses it and includes the customer in the process.

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

So, last month (May 2017) I have some minor issues with my 2011 Lincoln MKX that warrants a trip to the dealership for some repairs. I stopped the week before to schedule the service and since I was going to be on vacation the following week, wasn't in a pressing need to get my Lincoln back ASAP so I tell them to do a detail service to shine her up like new....she was getting a little "dusty" and just needed a good clean up. Drop the car off at the appointed time and they gave me a lift home (In a new MKZ of course) but when I drop it off, I am told that the shampoo machine has a "bad motor" and they won't be able to shampoo the rugs....minor issue and they promise to vacuum it real good and take a good portion off the detail due to this. I say "OK"....fast forward to end of day and I get a call that the reported additional issue needs some parts that won't be in until tomorrow....they offer to allow me to pick up my car and bring it back the next day. Ehhh, I am on vacation so no biggie, keep the car over night and I will just pick it up tomorrow.

Tomorrow comes and they call me with "good news and bad news" ....good news is, the mechanical issues are fixed and my ESP covered everything with no issues but unfortunately the "detail guy" did not come to work the second day and we could not get the car detailed. Hhrumph I think to myself and chalk the "faux pas" to timing....long story short, I get the car detailed elsewhere later in the week and the dealership calls two weeks later saying "Good news, we got our shampooer fixed" and you can bring the car in....sigh....it was already done....not really a big deal, but just a "misstep" in an otherwise decent service experience.

Last week, an email shows up asking me to rate my service and I tell them what exactly happened, not trashing them, but voicing my disappointment in the experience. I get a direct email from the owner of the Auto Group offering to "make it right" and how he would like to meet with me to discuss it, so I agreed and met with him today at the Ford/Lincoln dealership. We had a good conversation and he apologized to me for the "misstep" and offered me a free detail service. I was truly impressed with the way the owner himself took the time to meet me and listen to my concerns....they secured my business for good with this.

Thank you Joe Steet of the Steet Ponte Auto Group, you are a good, caring owner that takes the level of service his various stores offer personally and when there is a slip up, he addresses it and includes the customer in the process.

Lmfao well well well a fellow Utican, eh? Small world! Joey is a good guy, we've known him for years...... of course, we know the Carbone's too.... Now they've gone corporate with that crap acquisition, so I'd like to throw the business to Joey, although I can't get new Cadillac's from him of course. He'll get you whatever you want used tho.

• Like 1

Lmfao well well well a fellow Utican, eh? Small world! Joey is a good guy, we've known him for years...... of course, we know the Carbone's too.... Now they've gone corporate with that crap acquisition, so I'd like to throw the business to Joey, although I can't get new Cadillac's from him of course. He'll get you whatever you want used tho.

Close....Rome. He should get Cadillac down in his Herkimer store....that'll piss of Lithia....er, I mean, Carbone...

It's interesting how small things like a car wash can go a long ways with a customer. When dealers regularly ignore the small details like this, those instances accumulate over time and incentivises customers to perhaps give another dealer a shot. A car wash is a small gesture for the inconvenience of having the vehicle serviced.

I understand this was regards to the run around with a full detail, but you get the point.

This dealer did an outstanding job of rectifying what could be described as a minor situation, and people remember those kinds of things. It's not always about what went wrong, but what you do to correct it.

• Like 1

It's interesting how small things like a car wash can go a long ways with a customer. When dealers regularly ignore the small details like this, those instances accumulate over time and incentivises customers to perhaps give another dealer a shot. A car wash is a small gesture for the inconvenience of having the vehicle serviced.

I understand this was regards to the run around with a full detail, but you get the point.

This dealer did an outstanding job of rectifying what could be described as a minor situation, and people remember those kinds of things. It's not always about what went wrong, but what you do to correct it.

It wasn't the car wash per se...it was the fact that the owner himself of a multi-outlet / multi-location dealership took a few minutes out of what I am sure is a busy schedule to sit down with me and get input from my experience.

It wasn't the car wash per se...it was the fact that the owner himself of a multi-outlet / multi-location dealership took a few minutes out of what I am sure is a busy schedule to sit down with me and get input from my experience.

Yeah, I agree... I also agree and have been saying for a long time Joey needs to get Cadillac. I wish we could get a Jag dealer around here again. I gotta go to Albany for one. Even though it's not that far, still that's a brand that is unique around here. I only see a couple new ones here and there.

No, I follow you. I was just meaning more generally.

• Like 1