Waiting for My New F350

TP431

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! You're killing me here! I ordered my LOADED F450 Platinum on 5/19 and I've not heard a durn thing (i.e. no VIN, no dates, no nuthin') from my dealer. With the 2 week plant "vacation" (I don't know the correct term) coming up the first 2 weeks in July, I'm beginning to doubt I will get my truck into the delivery chain before things shut down. Dang! We were looking forward to a cross country road trip in the first or second week in July to pop a few eyeballs on the nation's freeway system. What a great way to show off a great Ford product and run a few Chebbies off the road. Looks like we may have to put that off until my daughter's spring break next year... As we said in the military, you win some, you lose.... well, with big enough bombs and enough artillary, you win them all.

Just to be clear TP431, I hope your truck arrives with the steering wheel on the right hand side. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! Happy wheelin!!

• Like 1

Wow! You're killing me here! I ordered my LOADED F450 Platinum on 5/19 and I've not heard a durn thing (i.e. no VIN, no dates, no nuthin') from my dealer.

Did you get a DORA from your dealer? If you give me the dealer and order number I can check it.

Thank you so much for the help. When it gets a build date I think I will take my daughter to the Kentucky plant and "push" it down the line. If this takes much longer I'm going to get arrested for trespassing because I spend so much time at the dealership after hours looking at the trucks.

LOL!!! Haha, we've been waiting also... we ordered 4/27 and have an ETA of 6/26... we sure are hoping to get ours, get the magic 1K miles on it & hook a enclosed car trailer with a mustang in it by 7/13!!!

Sure would have thought you'd have gotten your VIN by now though.... do you frequent the Ford Enthusiasts Forum? The last fella on there to receive his 450 was 42 days from order to build. Hopefully yours will get built before the shutdown!!! Then you'll be in the boat I am... "Where Is It"?????

Yea, I'm a member there too, but right now I'm mostly in lurking mode. I'd post a picture of my new truck on that forum but the sheer beauty of the blank photo would make everyone else feel their truck just another truck. I'm trying to be kind...

I just stopped by my dealership to drool over the trucks again and the GM popped out of his office and handed me the DORA for my truck (dated 14 June 2017). Somehow I've been bumped to a Priority 1 (I used to be a Priority 10). I have no idea how that happened or how/if that will speed up the production of my F450. I'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, at the bottom of my DORA there is a line that says:

COMPAT/HOLDS/INFO

M511 INFO X4L LIMITED SLIP AXEL ON ORDER

Of course the 450 has the 4.30 axel, so I don't really know how/if this impacts anyone who has a F450 on order. Someone smarter than me will have to chime in on that...

I just stopped by my dealership to drool over the trucks again and the GM popped out of his office and handed me the DORA for my truck (dated 14 June 2017). Somehow I've been bumped to a Priority 1 (I used to be a Priority 10). I have no idea how that happened or how/if that will speed up the production of my F450. I'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, at the bottom of my DORA there is a line that says:

COMPAT/HOLDS/INFO

M511 INFO X4L LIMITED SLIP AXEL ON ORDER

Of course the 450 has the 4.30 axel, so I don't really know how/if this impacts anyone who has a F450 on order. Someone smarter than me will have to chime in on that...

Instead of handing you that DORA, I'm wondering why he didn't tell you that your VIN is 1FT8W4DT9HEE25535 and that it's scheduled to the week of July 24th.

We met up pretty early in the morning and he tore my paperwork out of a stack, so he might not have looked it up yet. I looked on the papers I have and it's not listed on there yet. I really appreciate thee updated info. It don't know if the later date for the production is due to the 4.30 axel back order, the factory shutdown, the fact that the Ford gods hate me, or a combination of all of the above. Either way, it is what it is. This gives me more time to spend money on truck stuff I don't need. I also have to figure out a way to hide this stuff from my wife until my truck gets here. And no, I don't need anyone to volunteer their garage to store this stuff. That sounds like something I would do!

• Like 2