Oddball issue on my way to work

MountainLion

I'm hoping I can get some help with this one, my Googling has turned up a whole lot nothing. 2013 Fusion SE 1.6 Turbo MFT 6-speed manual.

Background - 99,061 miles and had the A/C compressor replaced at the dealership because the A/C wasn't blowing cold anymore and the indy shops here suck. Picked it up $845 lighter for a compressor replacement and the dealer had to jump start it with a box because it was a "no fire/no crank." Paperwork said battery tested good, 500CCA. Service department said it was the hood that was left up partially to drain the battery. Drove home from town the long way, 25 miles, on Saturday, after declining to have it put on the testing machine, because they said it would be allright if I charged it up. Started it Sunday, everything was fine, did not drive it - I do 700 miles a week Monday to Friday so I try to not drive at all on the weekends.

Drove it to work Monday and it was fine - 133 miles. Got in Tuesday morning and it was all wrong. Turned the key to start and the MFT screens to the left and right of the speedometer were white (like opening the doors) and the center stack was all white, speedometer was dark, but the engine was running. I cut it off, and restarted, and got the same thing again - I drove it up and down my driveway the the speedometer dark and dead at 0, and everything else a bright white, no rear view camera. Cut it off again, and restarted a 3rd time. This time, after about 5 seconds, the white screens went away, and the center stack showed MFT, and the screens to the left and right of the speedometer were fine, as well as the speedometer being lit up, but got a host of warnings, but backup camera worked. The warnings were blindspot disabled, stability control disabled, see manual with a wrench. Cut it off a 3rd time, started it back up, and got all the gauges and MFT, but it threw up a hill start disabled, as well as the 3 previous warnings. Check engine light on, Stability control light on, Stability control off light on.

Needless to say, got pissed and drove the F-150 to work. Got home that night, and threw my OBD-II scanner on it. The only code that it threw that afternoon was P1934 - from my internet deductions (I only have a $60 Craftsman scanner) was VSS error - no warnings on startup - and no white screens either. Reset the code and all is well. 133 miles to work and back today.

Anybody have any clue on this one? I just want to fix it - 35.9 MPG is a helluva lot better than the F150 at 22.7.

Sounds like you have a network issue. Disconnect the battery for a few mins and reconnect. See what happens. Unfortunately, you will have to have an IDS to run diagnosis on all modules to pinpoint problem.

Thanks. I did that and it has been A-OK all week long!