2018 Taurus??

Mary Barra hinted at Impala being dropped and not replaced, so Ford wont bother. Fiat* hasn't set any plans for a new 300/Charger also.

*Just call them what they really are, Chrysler name will die off soon.

There's a roughly 100 page thread at allpar on the Giulia based 300, Charger, Challenger replacement for 2021, with a turbo four as standard, a new inline six turbo, and Hemi. Those guys on allpar are really passionate about Chrysler.

• 2 weeks later...

No reason to be.

Can't say that if they outselling Ford full-size cars 3-1. Yes the full-size market isn't as it use to be but if these new large cars give mpg similar to competitors mid-size cars while offering big powerplant options what's the fuss?.

I'd still love to see Ford offer a 200-205 in rwd sedan with 2.3 EB standard to a 7.0 Boss that can handle anything from cab and PI duty to Hellcat competition.

Edited by Fgts

Can't say that if they outselling Ford full-size cars 3-1. Yes the full-size market isn't as it use to be but if these new large cars give mpg similar to competitors mid-size cars while offering big powerplant options what's the fuss?.

I'd still love to see Ford offer a 200-205 in rwd sedan with 2.3 EB standard to a 7.0 Boss that can handle anything from cab and PI duty to Hellcat competition.

you missed the point. Large cars is literally all FCA has. They have no small or midsize offering at all anymore. Who else has that? Nobody.
  • Like 1

That's what I've been saying that we would probably get from the CD6 platform but I think it would be more CD sized not D sized, maybe a LWB CD.

you missed the point. Large cars is literally all FCA has. They have no small or midsize offering at all anymore. Who else has that? Nobody.

Im on point, Ford don't have a real mainstream minivan or a rwd sedan but that don't discount them from other markets. FCA (like Ford and GM) make money on trucks, if thier new turbo-4 large cars can put up small car mpg numbers IMO there's no reason to spend billions on a market they haven't concentrated on since the early'00 (mid and small cars). FCA may offer a true fwd compact soon but don't expect it to be Focus/Cruze levels.

A 4-6 cly mid-size Dodge is coming but it will be rwd, full-sized based. Don't expect that one till MY 21'

Edited by Fgts

Allpar is mainly Mopar fan guys with wishful thinking. They claimed that the LX cars would get updated for 2018, nada. Now they are saying "FCA can build them indefinitely".

Guilia is a compact car, and more likely will spawn CUV's. Don't see them stretching it for full size cars.

Actually, I don't see Chrysler or Dodge brands lasting past 2021.

• Like 1

Allpar is mainly Mopar fan guys with wishful thinking. They claimed that the LX cars would get updated for 2018, nada. Now they are saying "FCA can build them indefinitely".

Guilia is a compact car, and more likely will spawn CUV's. Don't see them stretching it for full size cars.

Actually, I don't see Chrysler or Dodge brands lasting past 2021.

Lot of actual FCA/Chrysler employees tend to talk a lot more on that site then here or the GM sites. As far as a mid-size to a full-size Ford just did it from a $19k Fusion to an $80k Continental, im sure it can get pulled off.

• Like 1