Ford's Board Turns Up the Heat on Mark Fields

It was first and foremost a BRIC developed vehicles that didn't clinic well in Nth America

and didn't do that well in Europe, there were a lot of upgrades needed to win over consumers.

Ford was calling the Ecosport their Urban Utility in presentations, well they had to do a lot better

than what was presented as the Trax was a much better package from get go and the Mazda CX-3

was just so damned cheeky and adorable.

Edited by jpd80

Some stock holders are still mad about:

Exploding Pintos

Mustang II replacing 1st gen

Panther dropped

No manual trans station wagons

Fox Mustang didn't continue indefinitely with 302 push rod V8.

Mercury dropped.

Edsel dropped

GRWD not appearing

100 mpg Pouge carburetor still in Ford's basement.

Some stock holders are still mad about:

Exploding Pintos

Mustang II replacing 1st gen

Panther dropped

No manual trans station wagons

Fox Mustang didn't continue indefinitely with 302 push rod V8.

Mercury dropped.

Edsel dropped

GRWD not appearing

100 mpg Pouge carburetor still in Ford's basement.

You forgot "tight underwear" and "it's a day that ends in 'y'."

I think if sales are decent (and I believe it will be), Ford will seek to move the assembly of the 3rd gen EcoSport to Mexico.

If it is popular hope there are not issues of lack of inventory to satisfy the needs. I don't think Americans will be as patient as the Euro market waiting for deliveries of their EcoSport.

There's a fertile market for another crossover or two in the C zone, we're starting to see Utility buyers

wanting even more choices with those vehicles rather than cross shopping against compact cars.

Maybe Ford wants to rethink it's previous super-segment strategy.

What Ford needs to avoid is cheap and cheery, they need small vehicles that exude quality and good design,

resist the urge to polish up otherwise BRIC designs and go with better choices for Nth America and Europe.

Edited by jpd80

There's a fertile market for another crossover or two in the C zone, we're starting to see Utility buyers

wanting even more choices with those vehicles rather than cross shopping against compact cars.

Maybe Ford wants to rethink it's previous super-segment strategy.

What Ford needs to avoid is cheap and cheery, they need small vehicles that exude quality and good design,

resist the urge to polish up otherwise BRIC designs and go with better choices for Nth America and Europe.

I was going to say, I wouldn't mind seeing something more stylish than Escape......perhaps a successor to the last-gen Escape.

By that I mean, Escape can stay retain the swoopy look that the current gen has, while an additional, smaller model between EcoSport and Escape (or perhaps in lieu of a next-get EcoSport) that could go back to a more boxy style (see Soul as inspiration).

• Like 1