Welcome to Blue Oval Forums
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post images
- Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Mustang Assembly - when is the car completely painted relative to the Production Date given in COTUS?
Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:56 PM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:27 AM
Paint is applied as soon as the body is assembled. It is "baked" on and "touched" by many assemblers along the line.
I am pretty certain that all US automotive paint is "water" based.
Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:37 AM
That should not be necessary on modern vehicles. 3Ms instructions only refer to freshly re-painted vehicles - no mention of OEM paint jobs.
2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)
Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:41 AM