2018 Continental Production Information

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats! Im waiting on a Navigator order and the wait is killing me. Who sent you the VIN? Im trying to understand this whole process a little better and what to expect. I think I need to just forget I ordered one lol

call your sales rep. If it's been scheduled he should have it. Or post or PM me your order number, dealer code, and color and series and I can track it for you.

call your sales rep. If it's been scheduled he should have it. Or post or PM me your order number, dealer code, and color and series and I can track it for you.

I have tracked it on the tracking section of this forum once already and it has not been scheduled. I didnt know if you were notified in another way or not. I got an email from my sales rep that mentioned getting something in the snail mail so I wondered if that may contain info like VIN.

boredinbirmingham

I received a 10 digit vin (although it is 17) Which shows that the order has gone thru(in the production pipeline). Once it is scheduled for production(I checked with the dealer each week)The dealer gave me the 17 digit VIN.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info, Ill wait a little bit and check again. I see on the Continental that production started 9-18 and you got your build date a little over a month so hopefully the Navigators will start building customer orders soon as their production started 9-25. I feel like a kid waiting on Santa clause.

Professor1234

Met the gentleman that has the 2017 lincoln contental todayat Walmart. Loves his car , has only owned lincolns and was very happy when the continental came back so much that he trade his 2016 mks for the continental. It was a factory order, reserve, 3.0 no moon roof (he says he misses it). He ordered it in Sept and did not get it until late December. He wants to see my new one when it arrives. (it is built just waiting for paperwork and to be shipped from USA.

• Like 1

Pretty cool. I've never had the nerve to approach a fellow Lincoln owner - the age delta would probably be a quarter of a century! I didn't think his was a 3.0T but now that I think of it, it has the right wheels. I much prefer the ones that are identical (except 20 instead of 21") in design to the ones on my MKX.

It is hard to wait for a factory order. I've had experiences all over the spectrum. My current X had its first birthday on the 21st (though just rolled up 4,100 km) - was ordered on August 2 and I picked it up on November 3. It took much longer than I was expecting!

Hopefully the shipping process is quick for you....

• Like 1