2018 Buick Enclave Debuts

rmc523

2018-buick-enclave-avenir-009-1.jpg

2018-buick-enclave-avenir-010-1.jpg

2018-buick-enclave-avenir-016-1.jpg

All Avenir models from Buick will get what the brand is calling a three-dimensional mesh grille with a new set of chrome wings. From there, the Enclave edition bundles unique pearl nickel 20-inch wheels, a Rear Camera Mirror like the one seen from Cadillac, and a new kind of LED headlamps that use something called Evonik Acrylite lighting technology. An in-car air ionizer promises to keep the cabin smelling fresh.

The rest of the Enclave package sounds pretty good, too. It's got a standard 3.6-liter V6 engine with 302 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is optional. A tow rating of 5,000 pounds is standard fare for this class, as are seven seats inside. A frameless eight-inch LCD screen and integrated 4G wireless connectivity are other family-friendly highlights.

It's ok, it will sell. As a former owner of an Enclave, I can tell you that the Explorer was an upgrade when we traded, but this is an example of why decent MCEs matter, because this would trump the Explorer at this point, at least based on the pictures.

I am a big fan of the previous Enclave and was really concerned about what they would do with the design.

I like it. The took the bulbous "heft" out of the design while making no qualms about it obviously being an Enclave. I like the new front ends on Buicks...they have that same vibe as the newer Volvos.

9/10 would drive my kids to Little League.

A nice remake that isn't going to offend anyone. No doubt it will still sell well, carried by the strong market for crossovers.

Yes sir. The original Buick Enclave was very successful bringing new buyers to Buick and keeping them loyal. It moved the Buick brand upscale too. The new Enclave should be well received by current Buick owners and conquest customers.

Edited by rperez817

Yes sir. The original Buick Enclave was very successful bringing new buyers to Buick and keeping them loyal. It moved the Buick brand upscale too. The new Enclave should be well received by current Buick owners and conquest customers.

My 2011 Enclave didn't manage to get me to buy another one. It was a very average vehicle. Perhaps this one will do better.

rperez817 is quite the cheerleader.

My brother has a 09 Traverse with 50k miles which he has referred to as a piece of junk.

Aux A/C evaporator, water pump, power steering pump replaced. Rear upper control arms are shot but so far he has refused to replace them. I'm waiting to hear about the front struts leaking, front cover leaking, and the timing chains making noise.

Everything I listed is common items for these vehicles. Every once and a while you have to do pistons on one. Pistons are more prominent on the LS motors and the 2.4L Ecotec.

The earliest Lambda's are old enough that we are starting to see timing chains breaking, since people don't want to pay to replace the chains.

I haven't asked him but I'm pretty sure this is why he got a Ram 1500 last fall. I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets another GM vehicle.