2018 Lincoln Navigator Debuts

I wonder how many years it will take for the rest of Lincolns CUVs to get the Continental facelift before the next face of Lincoln appears? They need to get it together!

I think they need to do so ASAP, especially for the MKC. In my opinion, it should get 30 way seats, Revel audio and add the 2.7 to the engine options.

Without a doubt the sound is not the same, but that doesn't preclude the twin turbo V6 from being as good or better than the V8. I like the 3.5 but I do wish it sounded better.

Does the sound really matter, since it has active noise cancellation?

Does the sound really matter, since it has active noise cancellation?

The V8 with a good exhaust just sounds great. My new truck doesn't compare in sound even with the "enhanced" exhaust sound. Its mostly a guy thing I imagine, as my wife likes the sound of the new truck much better. The vast majority of the ladies probably would prefer it to be quiet.

If we are talking about exhaust noise, I agree it is hard to beat a V8. However, when it comes to engine sound or induction noise, my opinion is that the Nano engines sound awesome. I suspect the gen 2 ecoboost sounds good, too.

The Coyote is a higher revving engine than the GTDI V6s but it doesn't sound as refined to my ears. Of course, the flat plane crank GT 350 has the best sound but that engine will never be in anything but a Mustang.

No V8 no deal

Apparently - you have never watched this video.

I know that hill well - that is not even a fair fight - the Ecoboost could have gone up that hill at 80 mph - they held back for the ground rules of not breaking the speed limit. The Chevy V8 was all over the gears struggling just to barely maintain 60 or better. I am presuming that the 2018 Ecoboost is vastly improved over the 2015 offering. Again I say - I know that grade - drive it all the time, it is an insane climb to > 11,000 ft above sea level before it cuts through the Continental Divide with the tunnel. The Ecoboost performance is beyond incredible, and spanked that 6.2 V8 the entire way.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 3

Any ecoboost I've ever been in has had turbo lag and frankly my buddies f150 3.5tt stinks..... I'd rather a 5.3 and do some mods to get the stock power he has, or just go for a GM 6.2..... As far as the new stuff, while it's been updated, I imagine what GM has in the labs for the next Escalade will probably make this Navigator seem outdated. I'd assume it will receive a new motor with the 10-spd, potentially Cadillac exclusive. As I've said before, my DTS Platinum with the HO 4.6 is lovely and without a V8 the car would be a joke, but I must say the torque steer is horrendous and no technology can change the poor driving dynamics of a FWD-bias vehicle. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if Lincoln is competing against Buick, Acura, etc or Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi? Because the latter all have a mix of FWD/AWD and RWD/RWD with 4/6/8 and some with 10's and 12 cylinder engines, whether it's for performance, rarity, or the standard of premium luxury for a full size flagship........ Infiniti even throws a V8 in there, and what about Range Rover? Lincoln seems to still copy Jaguar and Range Rover looks, so why don't they copy their mechanical components too?

Tbh the power is unimpressive to me and is probably more dangerous than necessary in this Navigator. It's not a race truck, and it really should just have a nicely relaxed 400hp 450lb ft V8

I drive up that grade to the Eisenhower Tunnel 10 times a year. The performance displayed by the 3.5 in that video is insanely superior to anything else out there. Be unimpressed, but it is safe to assume you are the only one.

Any ecoboost I've ever been in has had turbo lag

There is absolutely no turbo lag on ecoboost engines. Quite the opposite - they run out of power at higher rpm because they're tuned for max torque at lower rpm. If you felt anything at all it was probably the ETC.

Any ecoboost I've ever been in has had turbo lag and frankly my buddies f150 3.5tt stinks.....

Yeah, I'm going to have to call BS on this one. There is no turbo lag on my Raptor. It gets off the line much quicker than my 6.2 did.

Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

If I have ever felt a "lag" it has been transmissions that took awhile to "think" and process, and the Ecoboosts I have dealt with have never had any "lag"...blame the tranny, blame a computer, blame a foot, but in my personal experience, none of the Ecoboosts have had that issue. Hell, even a friends '14 Mustang GT I've been able to catch a "lag" of some sort and it was from the tranny.

• Like 1

Tbh the power is unimpressive to me and is probably more dangerous than necessary in this Navigator. It's not a race truck, and it really should just have a nicely relaxed 400hp 450lb ft V8

Its too much power. Just give me an underpowered 400hp V8

Lol

• Like 2

Unimpressive? Dangerous? Really?

So you want less power just to say it's a V8? Got it. :doh:

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1