Grand Cherokee Trackhawk revealed

Fgts

This is the best part about dodge/ram/jeep/fiat/whatever they're currently calling themselves. If they have an engine that'll fit in a particular model, they'll offer it. It's always been that way. Unlike Ford's "we'll only sell you that engine in this other model and only with the automatic transmission, awd, leather seats, no tow package, and 17 inch wheels only" approach to marketing. The same approach that's been going on years. No straight six in the final years of the bronco, no manual trans option for the 351 F-150s even though the trans from the 5.0 would have been a drop-in, no V10 in f350 pickup, no 3.5eb in reg cab short bed 2wd F-150s, the panthers soldiered on for years with the 2 valve 4.6s even when everything else had switched over to 3v or coyote, no manual trans option on SEL trim level focus even though the exact same powertrain was offered in S/SE, etc, etc, etc. Seriously, this is the equivalent to Ford putting the GT500 engine in the explorer. There's a better chance of gravity inverting than that happening!!

Yeah I know Fords approach probably makes better business sense, but I'm a consumer and like the weird combos! I'm a Ford guy but it's nice to see the competition isn't afraid to offer some wild stuff.

• Like 1

This is the best part about dodge/ram/jeep/fiat/whatever they're currently calling themselves. If they have an engine that'll fit in a particular model, they'll offer it. It's always been that way. Unlike Ford's "we'll only sell you that engine in this other model and only with the automatic transmission, awd, leather seats, no tow package, and 17 inch wheels only" approach to marketing. The same approach that's been going on years. No straight six in the final years of the bronco, no manual trans option for the 351 F-150s even though the trans from the 5.0 would have been a drop-in, no V10 in f350 pickup, no 3.5eb in reg cab short bed 2wd F-150s, the panthers soldiered on for years with the 2 valve 4.6s even when everything else had switched over to 3v or coyote, no manual trans option on SEL trim level focus even though the exact same powertrain was offered in S/SE, etc, etc, etc. Seriously, this is the equivalent to Ford putting the GT500 engine in the explorer. There's a better chance of gravity inverting than that happening!!

Yeah I know Fords approach probably makes better business sense, but I'm a consumer and like the weird combos! I'm a Ford guy but it's nice to see the competition isn't afraid to offer some wild stuff.

Totally agree man.

Edit: Oops I was talking about the Demon...

Edited by fuzzymoomoo