Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fords at Long Beach

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

Cool race, at least the last half hour that I caught. Wild finish in GTLM for sure. The #67 GT finished second due to a pileup that closed the track at a hairpin turn.

The GT's just don't seem to have the nuts to pull the Corvettes down the straights. Now Long Beach is kind of the demolition derby of sports car racing and the big broad shouldered cars like the Vettes and the BMW's seem to be at an advantage due to their ability to shove other cars around.

The lithe sports cars like the GT the Porsche and the Ferrari seem to be suited to traditional race courses.

My point is the Fords just don't seem to have the speed coming off the turns that they started out with last year.

I think the BOP had really pulled them back. It'd be interesting to see the various cars on the chassis dyno to see where they actually are.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   bdegrand

bdegrand

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined 14-April 11
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 C-Max Hybrid/ 2017 Fusion Sport

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

Cool race, at least the last half hour that I caught. Wild finish in GTLM for sure. The #67 GT finished second due to a pileup that closed the track at a hairpin turn.
The GT's just don't seem to have the nuts to pull the Corvettes down the straights. Now Long Beach is kind of the demolition derby of sports car racing and the big broad shouldered cars like the Vettes and the BMW's seem to be at an advantage due to their ability to shove other cars around.
The lithe sports cars like the GT the Porsche and the Ferrari seem to be suited to traditional race courses.
My point is the Fords just don't seem to have the speed coming off the turns that they started out with last year.
I think the BOP had really pulled them back. It'd be interesting to see the various cars on the chassis dyno to see where they actually are.

I agree on the lack of power to catch the 2 Corvettes...however,it appeared the Ford might have been able to pass both of the Corvettes when all three of them stopped during that last turn pile up. Opportunity lost. If I was a spotter I would have said: "inside, inside..go, go go!"

#3 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Yes I was hollaring at my TV go go go! I would've smashed my way through there and begged for forgiveness later.

#4 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

BTW the one Corvette turned the #67 Ford sideways to take second so if there was any crap slinging the Ford could have built a defense on that.

#5 OFFLINE   Stray Kat

Stray Kat

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

BTW the one Corvette turned the #67 Ford sideways to take second so if there was any crap slinging the Ford could have built a defense on that.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·