18' Regal, Regal wagon reveled, 3.6 power leaked

Fgts

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/04/all-new-2018-buick-regal-revealed/

-Only available in hatch and wagon

-available torque vectoring awd

-2.0 turbo, 9 speed as standard equipment.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/04/buick-may-have-confirmed-3-6l-v6-engine-for-next-regal-gs/

The GS been confirmed to have Awd with 3.6 v6, this info since been deleted from GM sites.

Edited by Fgts

Ford has both Fusion hatches and wagons available in Europe but I don't see the demand here. That won't stop GM from bringing it though.

It looks like GM isn't bringing the regular Opel Insignia wagon to the U.S as a Buick Regal, only the crossover like TourX version. Dave Sullivan from AutoPacific says that it shouldn't cost GM too much extra to do that. http://www.autonews.com/article/20170404/OEM04/170409928/buick-reshapes-2018-regal-lineup-with-hatchback-wagon

"Sullivan said the incremental cost of bringing the wagon to the U.S. in addition to the higher-volume hatchback is likely minimal. He noted that the few other wagons sold in the U.S., including the Subaru Outback and Mercedes E-class, tend to attract very desirable, affluent buyers.

“There’s definitely a very attractive customer that buys them,” Sullivan said. “It’s the kind of customer you’d love to have, but it’s a very, very small market.”

I have to imagine a Venn diagram of the group of people that would buy a hatchback and the group that would buy a Buick has a pretty small intersection. Buick has a little better history with Wagons though.

That's kind of the point... Regal is here to expand Buick sales beyond the group that would buy a Buick.

If the car is compelling enough, some people will overlook the brand. It's worked for total rehab jobs like Audi, Subaru, Kia, etc. GM needs more people to check out Buick and having a very different midsize car from Camry/Fusion/Accord/Sonata is a very good strategy.

Edited by bzcat

I forgot about the Opel based Casada [?] convertible, then again, so have buyers! But, reality is most future Buicks will be "cute utes" so, no need for Opel sedans. The sales #'s for 'pure Opels' of the past decade are so low, it's no big deal to "lose Opel".

I forgot about the Opel based Casada [?] convertible, then again, so have buyers! But, reality is most future Buicks will be "cute utes" so, no need for Opel sedans. The sales #'s for 'pure Opels' of the past decade are so low, it's no big deal to "lose Opel".

My guess is if they want to continue Cascada they could make a 2 door,chop-top Cruze in Buick dressing made in the same factory and buyers won't know or care if it's not an Opel anymore

Lifted wagon with plastic cladding is good business in the US. It's the reason why Subaru Outback exists, and Audi also showed that adding cladding and $3,000 to MSRP means you can double the sales of A4 Avant.

I'm pretty sure Commodore is getting the same treatment... although you guys will also get the regular wagon.