Ford Stock has dropped a buck in the past week.

Slowly rising today, but that was a pretty considerable drop after steadily being in the mid to high 12's for the 6 months or so.

This in response to all the auto talk / dereg in DC? Or something else I missed?

post-6726-0-81622700-1490189832.png.

post-6726-0-81622700-1490189832_thumb.png

Edited by Anthony

Think I found the reason....

Morgan Stanley: Ford is 'particularly vulnerable' due to the size of its financing program https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-particularly-vulnerable-due-size-161100243.html

Morgan Stanley: Ford Stock Should Drop Another 11% Over Next 12 Months https://www.thestreet.com/story/14051763/1/morgan-stanley-ford-stock-should-drop-another-11-over-12-months.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

Stock price is not an indicator of profitability, long term viability or company performance in general. Companies that have never turned a profit can have huge share prices and huge gains and rock solid companies delivering solid results and positioned well long term can see their stock prices fall. And companies that make business decisions based on short term stock prices are doomed to fail. I've seen it first hand.

Stock price is not an indicator of profitability, long term viability or company performance in general. Companies that have never turned a profit can have huge share prices and huge gains and rock solid companies delivering solid results and positioned well long term can see their stock prices fall. And companies that make business decisions based on short term stock prices are doomed to fail. I've seen it first hand.

That is correct, but stock price is an indicator of investor action or confidence. My question was what caused the sudden drop?

Time will tell but I suspect that Ford Credit's leasing plans and turn in values are more on the safe conservative side.

Morgan Stanley are known to grab headlines when there's a change in the market but I guarantee you

that MS will say precious little about their own lending exposure over at Tesla

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1