2017 Lariat F550 Crew Cab Cab Chassis

2017 Lariat F550 Cab Chassis Crew Cab

VIN # 1FD0w5HT7HEC75353

At the end of Dec 2016 I placed an order with my Ford dealer for a: 2017 Lariat F550 Crew Cab-Cab - Chassis. As this will be my last work truck I went all out. I spend most of my time driving. This was a special order. $ 72,000.00

The truck arrived at the dealer the 3rd week of Feb. I didn't get a chance to look at until the following Monday.

On Monday I found the truck in the lot, It was really sharp, until I notice no aft fuel tank. I then stopped to chat with my sales person. I asked about the fuel tank. It did have a 28.7 gallon mid ship fuel tank. Keep in mind with 4.88 gears, the best MPG would be 10. I live in the county and most of my work is father out from here. I was hoping for 68 gallon on board not 28. I would be fueling every night or more.

When I original spec the truck out it was with code 65C (dual tanks), the order was placed with code 65M ( mid ship tank). I have my original copy that was prepared by my sales person.

I did check the truck to see if the plumbing and wiring harness was there but no. My sales person started to look for larger after market mid ship tanks.

As this is not OEM, I'm afraid with fuel problems.

I have a 2011 F550 cab chassis that had water in the fuel problem, I was hung out the dry and $ 13,000.00 later. I'm not to good with after market on a brand new 2017.

After much debate, I called the dealer to have them re order the truck (2/28/17). I was told it would be 12 - 14 weeks out unlike the first one came in 6 weeks. With this time frame it would put me in mid June at best, at the height of my business season. This is why I order it in Dec 2016. And doesn't include my up fitter shop to install the stake body and bed lift.

As I was speaking to my sales person, I mention that it will be difficult to sell the first one. He told me with the internet there will be no problem selling the 1st one.

After I though I was back on tract for the re order. I received a call from the sales manager 2 weeks (3/10/17) after I had them re order the truck. Now he tells me that it will be very difficult to sell this type of truck as it was my spec. They are back to after market tanks. I told him that I would consider the larger after market tank if I had it in writing from FORD that this would be covered under warranty if I had a fuel problem again. He told me that someone would be in touch by the following Tueday (3/14/17) The sales manager was leaving on vacation the next day for a week.

As of today ( 3/20/17) I still haven't hear anything. I don't think it my job to chase after then. I placed a $ 3,000.00 deposit for a truck.

In the last 20 years, I have purchased over 40 Ford trucks, 6 of them from this dealer in the 6 years.

I'm at my wits end. Can some one help me please?????

Below is the attachment of the window sticker.

I'm getting despair, I started to look at Ram 5500 cab chassis as a back up plan

2017 F550.pdf

Edited by wagnerman

Sit tight and wait for your properly equipped truck to come in or go to another Ford dealer. You can always get the RAM, but you will not like it anywhere as much as what you have come to expect from your Fords....or have them give you one helluva deal on the incorrectly ordered truck with an aftermarket tank...

Edited by twintornados

You are entitled to your deposit back. They can not legally keep it unless you signed something that said "non refundable deposit"

Actually it doesn't matter - if the truck delivered didn't match what he ordered then the entire contract is void and a refund is in order.

Actually it doesn't matter - if the truck delivered didn't match what he ordered then the entire contract is void and a refund is in order.

Exactly!

OP, either wait for your properly spec'd truck or see if the dealer will give you a big discount for the one with with aftermarket. With a good sized discount you will hopefully safe guard yourself against any potential problems down the road.

I completely agree with that as well but wasn't even going that far. Even if it came in spec'd the same way, if he didn't sign it, dealer can't keep it.

So either way, he gets his money back.. but a crappy situation to be in.

One reason I always request a DORA once my order is placed so I can verify it was done right.

Exactly!

OP, either wait for your properly spec'd truck or see if the dealer will give you a big discount for the one with with aftermarket. With a good sized discount you will hopefully safe guard yourself against any potential problems down the road.

This would be my strategy as well.

Sorry that I didn't post my topic in the correct area. If you tell me how to do that I will. I have never posted issues on any forum before. I'm a newbie

I sympathize with you, but unfortunately, AFAIK, the best person to prioritize your reorder would be the dealer, and they I don't imagine they'll be eager to do that

because their mistake just stuck them with a very odd truck (550/Lariat)

However, you don't come across like the usual people that end up on this forum grouching about their dealers, so try this:

Send an email much like your first post to the first letter of the Ford CEO's name + his last name, kind of like this: rjensen, @ ford.com

I can guarantee you it's not going to go to his desk, but it's going to go to a staff member that may be able to help get your order pulled up on the build list.

Edited by RichardJensen

I sympathize with you, but unfortunately, AFAIK, the best person to prioritize your reorder would be the dealer, and they I don't imagine they'll be eager to do that

because their mistake just stuck them with a very odd truck (550/Lariat)

However, you don't come across like the usual people that end up on this forum grouching about their dealers, so try this:

Send an email much like your first post to the first letter of the Ford CEO's name + his last name, kind of like this: rjensen, @ ford.com

I can guarantee you it's not going to go to his desk, but it's going to go to a staff member that may be able to help get your order pulled up on the build list.

So (redacted)

Edited by RichardJensen

There's a reason I didn't spell that out... Although I'm guessing his address is already in a thousand different spammer databases, I don't see any point in making it easier for those scammers to scrape email addresses from the web :)

Eh his info is on thousands of documents that are public. But I suppose it could maybe be an issue.

Anyways my point was to let the OP know the CEO's name so he didn't have to search for it.

Eh his info is on thousands of documents that are public. But I suppose it could maybe be an issue.

Anyways my point was to let the OP know the CEO's name so he didn't have to search for it.

That's a fair point.

I also don't want to get us in trouble with Ford Motor, I could see some low level exec getting bent out of shape over that and firing off a nasty-gram to Robert about it.

Get the sales manager to talk to the zone manager to bump up the Priority. My vehicles are ordered as a Priority 1 and I typically get them in 3 weeks. It does not need to go as high as Ford CEO email to get results.

That's an option, but the sales manager is basically pressuring him to take the truck they ordered incorrectly, so I don't know if he'd be willing to expedite the process of sticking himself with a bizarre truck.

And calling Ford customer service is just going to send you back 'round to the dealership, so no help there.

That's an option, but the sales manager is basically pressuring him to take the truck they ordered incorrectly, so I don't know if he'd be willing to expedite the process of sticking himself with a bizarre truck.

And calling Ford customer service is just going to send you back 'round to the dealership, so no help there.

What is worse, not sell the truck and lose the customer or not sell the truck and order another to at least make money off that one? Either way the dealer is going to by stuck with it so why not keep the customer happy?

What is worse, not sell the truck and lose the customer or not sell the truck and order another to at least make money off that one? Either way the dealer is going to by stuck with it so why not keep the customer happy?

The dealer seems to think they can pass the truck off on the customer and not have to deal with it at all.

I believe the dealer is stalling the order in hopes that our OP will settle for the truck that was delivered.