What "Real" people think about chevy commercials.

I don't think I saw that part of the Malibu commercial where that lady said she thought it was in the $80,000 price range.....really?

I remember that one.

"Is that a BMW?"

My least favorite moment in one of the truck commercials where the host asks which truck was best in class in this or won that award, one of the "real people" says F150 and the chick next to him sneers and rolls her eyes.

I guess some people are swayed by these types of ads but I think more often than not they're backfiring on GM.

• Like 1

I remember that one.

"Is that a BMW?"

My least favorite moment in one of the truck commercials where the host asks which truck was best in class in this or won that award, one of the "real people" says F150 and the chick next to him sneers and rolls her eyes.

I guess some people are swayed by these types of ads but I think more often than not they're backfiring on GM.

Yeah, I had seen the part where the guy thinks it's an Audi and BMW, but hadn't seen specifically the 80K range comment.

It does amaze me how dumb/uninformed some people can be though.

Yeah, I had seen the part where the guy thinks it's an Audi and BMW, but hadn't seen specifically the 80K range comment.

It does amaze me how dumb/uninformed some people can be though.

Explains how BMW puts a propeller on a piece of crap and it sells.

Anytime any Chevy commercial comes on if I am anywhere near the remote I automatically change the channel. It doesn't matter what is on the next channel either. Whatever it is it has to be better than that crap unless it is another Chevy commercial and odds are that it will be. Their advertising has become so obnoxious to me that it has the exact opposite of their intended effect. So I have no idea what anyone is talking about. In this case ignorance is definitely bliss.

Anytime any Chevy commercial comes on if I am anywhere near the remote I automatically change the channel. It doesn't matter what is on the next channel either. Whatever it is it has to be better than that crap unless it is another Chevy commercial and odds are that it will be. Their advertising has become so obnoxious to me that it has the exact opposite of their intended effect. So I have no idea what anyone is talking about. In this case ignorance is definitely bliss.

They're advertising to the people who already buy GM vehicles - they're the ones who resonate with Ford bashing, not potential new customers.

And do buyers really care about all those awards? Buyers care about price, styling and features - usually in that order.