Platinum edition owners

Hey Guys,

I had a question specifically for those of you who own a Platinum edition Super Duty. I am curious to how your painted front an rear bumpers are holding up against chipping from stones. I am trying to decide between buying a Platinum and Lariat, but don't want the Platinum if I have to worry about re-painting the bumpers every year or so because of stone chips. The winters up here in NY are tough with all the salt and dirt that gets dumped on the roads. Any help you guys can provide would be great!

My 07 Harley Edition had the painted bumpers and it got really pitted after a few years which those little pits then turned into rust spots all over the front bumper.

With my 15 Platinum, I had the front bumper wrapped as well with the clear film. So far after 3 years it has held up perfectly and there is zero marks on it.

You do however want to make sure you clean out the insides of the bumper as it will rust from the inside out as well if you are letting salt/sand build up inside. The rear is notorious for getting snow packed up inside there from the rear tires.

You can see the film line here but you only see it because of the flash reflecting off the edge.

20150207_173008_zpse0wa2i1e.jpg

They make kits for the trucks but the guy I used cut his out of a huge roll and custom made it. What you find with the kits is that they don't wrap around to the inside of the bumper stopping 1/8"-1/4" from each edge leaving some exposed. I wanted 100% of the front face covered.

Edited by blwnsmoke