To Sport or Not To Sport (Fusion)....That is the question

Looks great!

Thanks! I need to do some clean up and detailing work and then take some new pics. All in all, the dealer was kinda of a joke. They just happened to have the car I was looking for at a fair price. Since it was out of town, I knew I wouldn't be going there ever again. They did a poor job of cleaning the interior.

Oh well, I got a good deal so i can't complain too much.

• Like 1

And the plot thickens. Not to keep tooting my horn about this car but now I am almost certain I got a Ford fleet/lease car. Not sure what that means but I had the spare key fob and I saw it had something taped to it. I just assumed it was the dealer tag but not anymore. See the attached pics. Anyone have any thoughts what type of Ford car I got. Management Lease Pool? Tester? Engineering example?

The Carfax said it was a lease/fleet car. The dealer said they bought it at auction near Detroit.

post-43125-0-51147600-1490664472_thumb.jpg

post-43125-0-57949200-1490664482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And the plot thickens. Not to keep tooting my horn about this car but now I am almost certain I got a Ford fleet/lease car. Not sure what that means but I had the spare key fob and I saw it had something taped to it. I just assumed it was the dealer tag but not anymore. See the attached pics. Anyone have any thoughts what type of Ford car I got. Management Lease Pool? Tester? Engineering example?

The Carfax said it was a lease/fleet car. The dealer said they bought it at auction near Detroit.

Most likely, it was a lease return. I don't know if it's still true, but the "program" cars (driven by execs, Ford fleet cars, etc) used to be turned out for sale at a much lower mileage, usually well under 10K miles (my '95 SHO, f'rinstance, was a program car, and had about 5,000 miles on the clock when I bought it).

Congrats on the Z, looks very nice! Is it blue? I still haven't quite warmed up to the new schnoz but I suppose I'm in the minority. My 2013 3.7 was a CPO too. Had 27k on the clock when i got it in 2015. Sticker was $44k, bought it for $30k. That's some pretty steep depreciation, but it worked in my favor. It's got 72k miles on it now and has been a great car so far.

Sticker was $44k, bought it for $30k. That's some pretty steep depreciation, but it worked in my favor. It's got 72k miles on it now and has been a great car so far.

If sticker was $44K that means it sold new for $40K, so $30K is only 25% depreciation which is pretty good for a 2 yr old car.