Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Explorer Production Information

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Explorer Platinum

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

FWIW, I just received this update from my local Ford sales guy:

"I just spoke to our Ford rep. She thinks the ordering bank will be open in 2-3 weeks with initial production in October."

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

Ford Dealer Advertising & Inventory Manager

• 2,197 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

It was announced at a Ford Fleet meeting yesterday that the 2018 Explorer Order Guide will be available on either 08/02/2017 or 8/04/2017 and that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open at that time!

#23 ONLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 25,706 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Ti (Ruby Red)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Does that include the new CO detector option?

• ice-capades, Len_A and Hugh like this

2013 Fusion Titanium (Ruby Red)
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#24 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

It was announced at a Ford Fleet meeting yesterday that the 2018 Explorer Order Guide will be available on either 08/02/2017 or 8/04/2017 and that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open at that time!

This is consistent with info I received from a contact at Ford Motor Company who said the 2018 Explorer Order Guide would be released "on or about August 1st."

#25 OFFLINE   Len_A

Len_A

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Joined 31-October 04

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Does that include the new CO detector option?

Aftermarket only. Y'all get a WalMart gift card for one!!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

I believe...whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger

#26 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

• 2,197 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

Here's the latest information available for the 2017/2018 Explorer production schedule.

• 07/14/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/03/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/15/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 08/01/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/31/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/16/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

#27 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Last week, I ordered a 2018 Explorer Platinum at Acton Ford in Acton, Massachusetts.

I have only a single "green" Massachusetts license plate for the rear of the vehicle, so I asked if could order my new Platinum without the front license-plate bracket. My sales guy explained that all Explorers built for delivery in Massachusetts come with a front license-plate bracket affixed at the factory because Ford Motor Company believes (incorrectly) that all vehicles in Massachusetts require two license plates. (See Page 20 of the 2018 Explorer Order Guide).

When I ordered my existing 2016 Explorer Platinum, it came with a front license-plate bracket even though I had requested otherwise. Because I don't have a front Massachusetts license plate, I had to remove the factory-mounted bracket and plug the holes in the front bumper with ugly plastic "warts." It looks better than it would with a vacant front license-plate bracket, but I regret having unnecessary holes in the front bumper.

During our discussion about this, my sales guy mentioned that the Ford Mustang can be ordered without a front license-plate bracket. Is there any way to do the same for my 2018 Explorer?

• 2b2 likes this

#28 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

• 2,197 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

Last week, I ordered a 2018 Explorer Platinum at Acton Ford in Acton, Massachusetts.

I have only a single "green" Massachusetts license plate for the rear of the vehicle, so I asked if could order my new Platinum without the front license-plate bracket. My sales guy explained that all Explorers built for delivery in Massachusetts come with a front license-plate bracket affixed at the factory because Ford Motor Company believes (incorrectly) that all vehicles in Massachusetts require two license plates. (See Page 20 of the 2018 Explorer Order Guide).

When I ordered my existing 2016 Explorer Platinum, it came with a front license-plate bracket even though I had requested otherwise. Because I don't have a front Massachusetts license plate, I had to remove the factory-mounted bracket and plug the holes in the front bumper with ugly plastic "warts." It looks better than it would with a vacant front license-plate bracket, but I regret having unnecessary holes in the front bumper.

During our discussion about this, my sales guy mentioned that the Ford Mustang can be ordered without a front license-plate bracket. Is there any way to do the same for my 2018 Explorer?

The Front License Plate Bracket is technically a free standing option on the Explorer and has to be selected to be included on each order. However, the order guide states that the front license plate bracket is "Standard in states requiring two license plates and optional to all others". The best I can advise is to make sure that your Dealer has not included the license plate order code. If it does include the code, the bracket will definitely be installed at the factory. If not, it just might get built without the bracket. If the Dealer puts through an AVO "Alter Vehicle Order" to remove the plate bracket code (if included on the original order submission) they'll get a new DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) the following day which will show whether or not the Ford order system is overriding the issue and generating the plate bracket for MA.

Most other vehicle lines are shipped with the front plate bracket in the trunk and then installed by the Dealer as part of the vehicle "prep" process. Our dealership has a specific policy of NOT installing the front plate bracket on any Mustang unless the customer specifically requests that it be installed. 

• 2b2 likes this

#29 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

The Front License Plate Bracket is technically a free standing option on the Explorer and has to be selected to be included on each order. However, the order guide states that the front license plate bracket is "Standard in states requiring two license plates and optional to all others". The best I can advise is to make sure that your Dealer has not included the license plate order code. If it does include the code, the bracket will definitely be installed at the factory. If not, it just might get built without the bracket. If the Dealer puts through an AVO "Alter Vehicle Order" to remove the plate bracket code (if included on the original order submission) they'll get a new DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) the following day which will show whether or not the Ford order system is overriding the issue and generating the plate bracket for MA.

Most other vehicle lines are shipped with the front plate bracket in the trunk and then installed by the Dealer as part of the vehicle "prep" process. Our dealership has a specific policy of NOT installing the front plate bracket on any Mustang unless the customer specifically requests that it be installed. 

I appreciate your response and insight, ice-capades. I will check with my sales guy to make sure he did not include the license-plate bracket order code (153) on my order for a 2018 Platinum.

#30 OFFLINE   PajamaGuy

PajamaGuy

I love my Escape!

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 16-July 10
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Escape Titanium

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:44 AM

If Charlie Arbeene is your sales guy and it's possible to get it w/o the bracket, he'll get it done.  If he can't get it done - it ain't possible!  ;)

2017 Titanium w/ everything.
I used to be a rocket scientist...

#31 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

If Charlie Arbeene is your sales guy and it's possible to get it w/o the bracket, he'll get it done.  If he can't get it done - it ain't possible!  ;)

Yup. Charlie is my sales guy. He's the best!

#32 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

OK, so I placed my order for a 2018 Explorer on August 9 and received an Order Number from my sales guy on August 28. Does this mean my 2018 Explorer has been scheduled for production?  Or does it only indicate the order has been accepted by FoMoCo?

#33 OFFLINE   ice-capades

ice-capades

• 2,197 posts
  • Joined 25-July 01

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

Here's the latest update for the 2017/2018 Explorer production schedule.

• 07/14/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/03/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/20/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 08/01/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/24/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/20/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

The 2018MY Job #1 Date is probably a typo in Ford's FDNB Report. Expect the actual production to start on 10/23/2017.

• 2b2 likes this

#34 OFFLINE   Exit32

Exit32

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-September 99

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Things are moving along. I ordered my 2018 Explorer on August 9, received an Order Number on August 28, and received the VIN on September 14. According to my sales guy, my Explorer is scheduled for production during the week of November 6.

Given that I now have the VIN, I thought the online Ford Order Tracking app (http://www.cotusb.ford.com/) would work. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

#35 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,557 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Even if the COTUS site did work (it does sometimes but it reliably) at the moment it wouldn't have anything your dealer didn't already tell you.

What? What happened?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·