2017 F250 rear springs

campingnut

My problem is going to be putting the mileage on the truck before I have to tow with it.

Ditto that! With the weather we've had, I'm sure early April will be prime camping season, but I'll be in the early stages of putting a thousand miles on. I've already told my wife to expect a couple long road trips for no reason other than to drive. :)

Yes I had to that with our last truck. Our trailers keep getting bigger, part of me thinks I should have got a dually this time or at least a long box, I hate a dually.

I hate duallies too. They look cool, but I'm not a fan of driving them around. I went with an F350 SRW this time instead of an F250 to give us a little room to grow. We've got a 32' fifth wheel that weighs around 9500 lbs or so loaded. If we go bigger, I won't go over 37' because that's as long as I can go and still have it fit in my shed, and I won't go over 12-13k or so, so we should be good with a SRW.

Well spend some time at the dealership finally and measured another Platinum SRW F-350 and found that the bed rail height (measured from the ground at the center of the rear wheel to the bed rail) between my 2015 and the 2017 is the same, within 1/2' but the bed floor is 1.5" lower. So this should work for me ok as I have almost 8" of clearance between my bed rail and the bottom of my 5th wheel.

Will be curious how yours works out.

• 1 month later...

Well I lowered the new truck on the weekend and put air bags in it, I like the way it sits much better. The truck box rails now sit at the same height as my old 2017 this coming weekend I am going to hitch up to the 5th wheel and see where I am. The hitch is sitting about 1.5" lower below the rails then it was in the 2015. I think I will 1.5" less of box rail to 5th wheel clearance so I should be right @ 6" I was at 7.5" before.

• 3 weeks later...