'19 Ranger Spied Testing

Anyone know why the tailpipes on mules always seem to have a flared tip? It almost looks like they used a piece of downpipe that would normally be connected to a manifold just so they could use the bend without actually having to make a bent pipe.

Something to do with emissions data logging.

and four wheel disk brakes should gladden the enthusiast's hearts, that shows Ford is adding more than

just bits of plastic and the nearest gasoline engine...

I would expect four-wheel discs just from a logistics perspective--I don't think Ford offers drums on any of its trucks these days (with the possible exception of the bigger Super Duties). Does it offer them on any light truck or passenger car it sells in the US? (ETA: The Fiesta S still has rear drums. How quaint...)

Edited by SoonerLS

Sorry, I don't think I've kept up with advances in technology ROW trucks like Ranger and Hilux used to have rear drum brakes

but in recent years Ranger has Dynamic stability control, traction control and hill descent technology. think these require

additional sensors on rear drive, normally incorporated with tone sensors for ABS braking and typically part of a

four whel disc brake set up....amazing how technology keeps evolving and rolled out.:)

From Ford Europe Technical Specifications sheet - Brakes Front – ventilated discs, 302 x 32 mm

Rear – drums, 270 x 55 mm (4x2); 295 x 55 mm (4x4)

Modulation: Standard: Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Electronic Brake Assist.

ESC system features: Hill Descent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Load Adaptive Control (LAC), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Emergency Brake Light (EBL), RollOver Mitigation (ROM)

From Ford Europe Technical Specifications sheet - Brakes Front – ventilated discs, 302 x 32 mm

Rear – drums, 270 x 55 mm (4x2); 295 x 55 mm (4x4)

Modulation: Standard: Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Electronic Brake Assist.

ESC system features: Hill Descent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Load Adaptive Control (LAC), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Emergency Brake Light (EBL), RollOver Mitigation (ROM)

Yes, they were planning to go to four wheel disc but the change was held over until the next "batch" of changes...