Fox 24 Product Placement

I watched the pilot then when they switched to GM products, I didn't watch it (well regularly) again.

I watched the pilot and then stopped tuning in for awhile. I am a fan of the original so I started watching when the 74 Marquis Brougham was featured more regularly. I didn't really care for how poorly disguised and obvious the GM product placement was, although I don't think that is still the case. One of the characters drives a Mustang now and on a few of McGarretts Silverados, the Bow Tie is missing form the grille. My Marauder shares the same license plate number as McGarrets Park Lane and Marquis in the original TV show.

I can understand having product placement or integration, but when its not done very well, it detracts from the show or movie.

I can understand having product placement or integration, but when its not done very well, it detracts from the show or movie.

Yup--it wasn't the products that were placed (well, aside from the fact that McGarrett should've been driving a Ford product all along), it was how they were placed. Some of the placements were just goofy, like when Chin Ho pulled out a Windows Phone and said "let me Bing that." I like Windows Phone, but that was just too goofy to be in the middle of a serious scene.

SNL has gotten too political IMO. It's fine once and a while but it seems for the last year it's the how many times can we bash Donald Trump show. Leave that to the political satirists.

It's called "low hanging fruit." It's hard to ignore when it's right there.

Hasn't even been 30 days and he already resembles a "Toonces the Cat" skit.

Edited by MY93SHO

SNL has gotten too political IMO. It's fine once and a while but it seems for the last year it's the how many times can we bash Donald Trump show. Leave that to the political satirists.

To be fair, he bashes Hillary too. Last night, in fact. I think Trump just offers more material right now.

If you want to talk biased late night talk show host, Seth Myers is 1000 times worse. So is John Oliver but he's also hilarious and most of the time, accurate.

To be fair, he bashes Hillary too. Last night, in fact. I think Trump just offers more material right now.

If you want to talk biased late night talk show host, Seth Myers is 1000 times worse. So is John Oliver but he's also hilarious and most of the time, accurate.

John Oliver doesn't surprise me since he's a disciple of Jon Stewart, who was the master of political satire. The old Colbert show was good too. Haven't seen too much of his new one.

My point about SNL wasn't about them being biased, I know about the Hillary stuff. SNL to me is at its best when they don't do as much of the political stuff, leave it for one or two sketches and that's about it.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

My point about SNL wasn't about them being biased, I know about the Hillary stuff. SNL to me is at its best when they don't do as much of the political stuff, leave it for one or two sketches and that's about it.

I thought you were talking about the Tonight Show. I agree about SNL. And to make it worse, they're not even funny any more.

I'm not really a fan of Fallon. There's not much to his schtick and it got stale to me a long time ago.

And don't even get me started on those stupid lip sync battles. Almost as dumb as carpool karaoke. Almost.

His musical performances and impressions are hilarious. This was a classic:

What? SNL has always been political, well maybe there was a time when they weren't like the Joe Piscipo years? But remember Chevy Chase was credited with making America think Gerald Ford was a clumsy buffoon. They were always making fun of Clinton. And Will Ferrell as Bush Jr. Dana Carvey as Bush Senior --- Not Gunna Do It. That Trump was actually tweeting shortly after each SNL show just opened the door to making more fun of him. And McCarthy as Spicer had to be the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Come on Donald Trump is making it far to easy for the script writers. If Pence was president there wouldn't be nearly as much material. Just losing the personal twitter account alone would gut much of the material.

Normally I would say its cruel to make fun of a malignant narcissist, but since he is President and a public figure, I think he's fair game. If his skin is too thin I'd be more than thrilled if he would go back to his old job of licensing his brand and hosting the Apprentice. I mean Gary Busey and Meatloaf need someone to hang with.

What? SNL has always been political, well maybe there was a time when they weren't like the Joe Piscipo years? But remember Chevy Chase was credited with making America think Gerald Ford was a clumsy buffoon. They were always making fun of Clinton. And Will Ferrell as Bush Jr. Dana Carvey as Bush Senior --- Not Gunna Do It. That Trump was actually tweeting shortly after each SNL show just opened the door to making more fun of him. And McCarthy as Spicer had to be the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Come on Donald Trump is making it far to easy for the script writers. If Pence was president there wouldn't be nearly as much material. Just losing the personal twitter account alone would gut much of the material.

Normally I would say its cruel to make fun of a malignant narcissist, but since he is President and a public figure, I think he's fair game. If his skin is too thin I'd be more than thrilled if he would go back to his old job of licensing his brand and hosting the Apprentice. I mean Gary Busey and Meatloaf need someone to hang with.

Yes they've always been political but it's always just been a small chunk of what they do up until this last election cycle.

It's only two episodes into the new season, but I've been turned off by John Oliver's new season.....it seems like it's going to be some sort of Trump bash every week, but I'll wait to see if future episodes continue this trend. I'm all for faults being pointed out and whatnot, but he used to discuss a variety of issues (many I'd not heard of elsewhere) in an informative and entertaining fashion, but two episodes in, it seems to be the only topic that will be discussed.

It's only two episodes into the new season, but I've been turned off by John Oliver's new season.....it seems like it's going to be some sort of Trump bash every week, but I'll wait to see if future episodes continue this trend. I'm all for faults being pointed out and whatnot, but he used to discuss a variety of issues (many I'd not heard of elsewhere) in an informative and entertaining fashion, but two episodes in, it seems to be the only topic that will be discussed.

That's what made Jon Stewart so awesome, he tended to lean one way but lampooned both sides when needed unlike some people *cough* Bill Mahr *cough*

I wish his voice was still out there

Exactly. There are other things to discuss now.