Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Continental • Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The 551 is Rollin in the Dough (dues)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   caustic

caustic

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Joined 18-August 15
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Explorer

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Damn Decker I wish I had known you were at Local 600, I'd have bought you a beer afterwards.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Decker

Decker

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11
  • Current Vehicle:Fucus

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

Damn Decker I wish I had known you were at Local 600, I'd have bought you a beer afterwards.

I know caustic, all the local`s are very similar.... but when or if I get up your way I`ll take you up on the offer. I`m sure we would have a lot to discuss.

Here at the 551, it`s like no one want`s to take a look at the bylaws because it will disprove the intentions of those certain e-board members that think they are above the local`s law.

We have an e-board member that has this power to say any phase that starts with "I feel" and then certain e-board members just fall in line. It is like a trance. No questions, no asking if or where the phrase is in our bylaws. Just silly little sheep smiles on their faces.

This "I feel" spell has a certain financial secretary not only going along with our resident all knowing guru but, went to the plant conducted some form of negotiations and changed his hall schedule completely. When asked if there was any change to the language in our bylaws to make his lost time pay change a proper membership expense?  Or when asked how can a change like your lost time pay start without the membership voting on the change, much less how can your lost time pay change go into effect without sending the lost time pay change to the international? Our financial secretary`s response has been "I have more than enough work to get the lost time" or "I didn`t think there`d be any issue with the change".

Then the "I feel" spell has over come our recording secretary.... The same or similar responses have been stated by the recording secretary when asked how has the recording secretary`s scheduled time at the hall been changed. We have heard "I`m working on grievances" , "I help at the hall" and other reasons to be at the hall getting at least three day`s a week of lost time pay. Questions have been put to the recording secretary like, "what is listed in our bylaws, as the duties of the recording secretary?" or "is the position of recording secretary listed as a "part time " or "full time" employee of the local in the bylaws?. Neither?

Then the "I feel" spell has been cast once again (very successfully) by the all knowing guru on a trustee. The guru stated "I Feel", that a C crew member of the trustee`s should be paid something while doing the semi annual on her RDO`s. Of course this is a very powerful spell and certain e-board member were so convinced they got everyone to agreed. Now this goes to the dark side. (heavy breathing in the back ground) The all knowing guru has his political side.... it seems when our local went through the process of selecting and activating a trial committee there were C crew members selected for the trial committee. This is were the all knowing becomes an activist or advocate for (drum roll...please) the bylaws. :idea: When the lightning and thunder stopped what did the all knowing declare....? "It is in the law of this land that a member has to be working on official union business at the same time losing pay from their employer to be granted lost time to be paid by this membership"  Sooooo there will not be lost time granted to any member not losing pay from their employer, due to their RDO`s. "so it is written, so it shall be" (sorry I just had to but that in there ;) the all knowing didn`t say it like that) 

As any member can see this is the double or higher standards that is being put into place by those certain e-board members that???? benfit from it being their way.  I`m just wondering if the all knowing will ever point out to the certain e-board members under his spell... wait what I`m I thinking... the all knowing is way above pointing out the laws of the land.

So let and old long hair mention a couple lines in a letter from a past IUAW President.....

"UPON RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER THE LOCAL UNION CAN ONLY PAY MEMBERS THAT WHICH IS SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN THE LOCAL UNION BYLAWS"

OR

"REMEMBER: If the local union bylaws do not list it, the local union should not pay it."

OMG the dark clouds are gathering!!!! It`s starting to lightning!!!! the thunder is so loud!!! (You are out of order!!! You are out of order!!!)

Nope nothing is really happening people... knowing the law and fighting for it is not a bad thing. The all knowing and his minions don`t want the members to know or understand the law... because knowing the law is what keeps the all knowing types and his minions from taking from the members what is not theirs to take, .   

Hey if your ever in the greatest city in the world caustic, let an old long hair buy you a Chicago Dog and a beer.

Edited by Decker, 21 March 2017 - 04:59 PM.

Decker

#23 OFFLINE   Decker

Decker

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Following the suggestions of the DOL officer, I tried to contact the Region`s Auditor.

Called the region and left a message for the region`s auditor, with some back ground of my concerns. Well, umm.... got a call from a secretary advising me to contact my servicing rep. Of course silly me... I explained to the secretary that my concerns dealt with financial issues specifically. The secretary stated Ms Auditor said to contact your servicing rep... ok. I`m thinking this is the point I put on my tight leggin`s slip on my air jordan`s??? has the run a round started? So I left a message for my servicing rep.

My servicing rep did respond with a phone call. I explained the methods being used in the paying of "lost time" and the other financial concerns, my servicing rep said that`s financial issues? Long story short my servicing rep explained the "proto call" and "hierarchy" that`s all wrapped up in the regional "I`m somebody routine"...anyway I then agreed to fax a generalized time schedule of all the different discussions and what I`ve got as results from these discussions. My serving rep said he`d put together his findings along with my faxed info and e-mail the auditor.....

The apprenticeship list is out. Got any guesses to how many e-board members are on the list? Any guess to who turned down the apprenticeship? Because they can`t do an apprenticeship because (ready for this) of their full time job at the union hall?          FULL TIME JOB?????? WHAAAA????? :wub: gotta love the dedication to the membership.....

Edited by Decker, 25 March 2017 - 11:19 AM.

Decker

#24 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Bullshit like this is why there are so many sheep. Not many want to deal with this kind of nonsense, and even less want to "drain the swamp" as Donald Trump would say

Crap, I just used that dreaded "T" name, better report me to the UAW overlords lest I get away with not following the narrative.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo, 25 March 2017 - 10:31 AM.

• Decker likes this

What? What happened?

#25 OFFLINE   Decker

Decker

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Joined 05-September 11

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Bullshit like this is why there are so many sheep. Not many want to deal with this kind of nonsense, and even less want to "drain the swamp" as Donald Trump would say

Crap, I just used that dreaded "T" name, better report me to the UAW overlords lest I get away with not following the narrative.

I agree completely, fuzzy. If you don`t fit the sheep skin, they`ll do their best at running you around till you fit in. 

It`s duly noted your reference to the "T" name.... fuzzy`s name will be put on the list of member`s that still have the capacity to think for themselves..... ;)

Edited by Decker, 25 March 2017 - 01:51 PM.

• fuzzymoomoo likes this

Decker

#26 ONLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2015 Focus

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

I agree completely, fuzzy. If you don`t fit the sheep skin, they`ll do their best at running you around till you fit in. 

It`s duly noted your reference to the "T" name.... fuzzy`s name will be put on the list of member`s that still have the capacity to think for them selves..... ;)

oh geez, paint a target on my back why don't you!
  • Decker likes this

What? What happened?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·