The 551 is Rollin in the Dough (dues)

Decker

You and I Over Spend All Our Dues by $125,406.33 in One Month

Members of the 551, let me shed some light on our overspending.

It`s been asked, what ever happened to having our Financial Secretary report to the plant, one day a week? The reply I got from our Financial Secretary was, I had a problem with a member of management and got an R&W. It was then explained how the Financial Secretary went to Labor Relations and made arrangements to not have to report to the plant at all. After hearing this I asked, was our by-laws changed? The Financial Secretary said, “No”.

In a discussion with both the President and Financial Sec., I pointed out that they both are paying lost time that isn`t in the by-laws. The Financial Sec. and President both agreed that these payments were not right. Their reasoning behind doing what they both admitted as wrong, was “we just couldn’t get any changes made to the by-laws”. My next question, with both of you knowing and admitting these payments to the Financial Secretary are in conflict with the by-laws, (wrong) why are you still making out the checks while admitting it is wrong? Their response was, we tried to make changes but, we didn`t think it would be an issue.

Both the Financial Secretary and the Recording Secretary are being paid lost time that is not in our by-laws. I made my point very clear that these payments of lost time are not in our by-laws so legally these payments cannot be paid to either officer. Then in the same discussion I was told our Vice President gave direction and instructions to the Financial Sec. to categorize certain payments of lost time as “wages” when a member doesn’t lose any pay from Ford Motor Company. (Our Financial Sec. stating that is the way Scott trained me to categorize those types of checks) I asked the Financial Sec. and the President would you show me where this is in the by-laws, both said it`s not there. But they continue to make out these admittedly wrong checks.

I asked to go over the locals financial records and was denied. The Financial Sec. stated “you are just a rank & file member, so you will never see those records”. The Vice President stated “if you see the records then what?”... “Then other members would want to see the records?”... “You cannot see the records”. The President stated “you sent your request out to, too many people, so no you can`t see the records”.

The membership has the authority to correct our overspending and stop these admitted wrongful lost time checks. By attending the next membership meeting (Sunday Feb. 19 at 1:45pm) we can put a motion on the floor to view the financial records, I will offer to produce a very detailed report both in print and explain verbally at a membership meeting the findings of this viewing of the financial records.

For those members unaware of the totals, the 551 received from its members just over $266,000.00 in December. The 551 spent just over $391,000.00 in the same month.

“Decker”

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I`ve got many verbal responses from my post. I`ve got some written responses from different agencies. I hold the most respected responses from with in our own union.

Members of the 551 are way to complacent for many reasons. To distant from their union`s official business for many reasons. This leads to members of the financial branch of the 551 to believe they have been given the authority do as the please. Recording Secretary`s sign vouchers along with members, this gesture is stating the lost time is correct and per the by-laws. The Financial Secretary draws the lost time funds out of the general fund, then produces a check with his signature, this gesture is stating that the funds are correct and per the by-laws. The President and at times Vice President sign the lost time checks in a position above the Financial Secretary`s signature, as a sign of authority.

I`ve been reassured many time in different classes that I`ve attended that these signatures hold great responsibilities. In the event of any errors, the accountability fall`s squarely on the shoulders of the signature owners. The fines imposed by the D.O.L. in other investigations on these types of lost time infractions`s, misappropriation and fraud are based on the signatures.

There will be even more fall out from these inappropriate checks, not only the possible fines and the repayments of all funds paid that are not listed in the by-laws to elected officials but any member excepting funds that are not listed in the by-laws will also be made to return the money also.

Our Financial Branch has major financial issues.

Edited by Decker

I want to share this response with other members of the 551,

Sent 09 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

Hi Decker, I read your post and was struck by the similarities we had in our Local a number of years ago.

We are a much smaller Amalgamated Local so the numbers were not as large but the underlying issue was the same...fraud.

I was a rank and file back when this happened to us. In early 2010 we were audited by the state DOL and were found to be in non-compliance and fined since there were monthly payments (Officer Expenses) to certain Officers that were different (more) than what our by-laws stated. The President, in an effort to correct this, tried to change the by-laws retroactively and I lead the charge to defeat this change and bring it to the attention of the membership. I did so in a meeting where I publicly called out the President and Financial Secretary for not only doing this (paying more), but continuing the practice even after it was discovered by the DOL. I demanded both of their resignations because of this and because they were also signing blank checks (also discovered by the DOL). They refused but within a week the Financial Secretary resigned (for personal reasons lol).

Since there was a vacancy, I ran for F. Sec. I won by acclamation and contacted the Region for assistance. After a long audit with the help of International, we uncovered that the F.Sec. was overpaid by $3000 and the previous F. Sec. was overpaid by about $2000. When I filled out the LM, I specifically answered yes to the box that asked if the Local "discover any loss or shortage of funds or other property" I informed the President that I was going to do this and he had no choice but to sign the LM. This generated a call from the state DOL specifically asking about this and whether the funds were being recovered. Yes, they were.

After the President's term expired the next year, I ran for President and won by acclamation in 2011.

We also, about 10 years ago, used to have a F. Sec. that would not release the financial statements to the members. She would only read the income and expense totals for the month. If your Local uses Roberts (RCS), which I assume they do, it should be easy to show you the report. You just type in the month and boom, a full accounting is generated. I believe it to be your right to view these reports. In my meetings since 2010, a full report is released to the members for viewing. Transparency is a MUST!

On the issue of income vs. expense...sometimes in my Local we show more expenses than income but usually it is because we are awaiting reimbursement from International or because a few of my units may be behind in their respective company's getting their dues to us. All easy to explain, but nothing like the discrepancy you are seeing.

It sounds as though your Local is setting itself up for some pretty hefty fines from the DOL if they are audited. All expenses are to be approved by the membership not specifically mentioned in the by-laws. Every time a check or payment is made through RCS, it generates a voucher for the President and Recording Secretary to sign. These vouchers MUST be aligned with membership action at a Union meeting.

If I were you, and you were serious about taking on this fight, I would contact you Regional Rep. and the UAW Auditing Department. That's what I did.

I wish you the best of luck. With all the negativity surrounding Union's these days I believe that any appearance of fraud, misdoings, or dishonesty should be stomped out immediately. It only gives our enemies more ammo.

In Solidarity,

I want to thank the members that are giving their thoughts and support on our financial matters at the 551. I have received many text messages and e-mails which are very helpful. I want to thank those IM`s I`ve gotten also.

As in the prior response, the similarities are very remarkable. The reaction by our President, Vice President and Financial Secretary is one that they have come up with, all on their own...the "Retro" everything type of fix for paying their lost time that dosen`t comply with the current language of the by-laws, Oh, then one step further the officers want to amend the by-laws language to not only make all the prior payments legal but, lets guarantee this officer and that officer a 55 hour lost time benefit per week. Based on their plant hourly rate and all overtime calculated. Retro fixing... dosen`t that admit something was wrong from it`s beginning?

Of course the Financial Officers were prepared for the meeting. I`m sure hoping for less than a quorum but prepared none the less in their own way. The membership listened to a great filibusterer by our Vice President, reading a multitude of "first readings" of proposed by-laws changes. Close to 35 minutes of the typical "In my opinion`s"..... But the members stayed.

Then when the President moves to new business it was very apparent that the old long hair wasn`t going to be recognized. Little old hand all up in the air, smile on the old face and nothing....? Finally other members point out to the President his shortsightedness and very reluctantly the old long hair is recognized. As many know I started to give a reason and/or explanation for my official business when, I was reminded by the President to "get to your point"... so I referred to the last four financial secretaries and their scheduled time at the hall and pointed out that the language has not changed in the by-laws for this schedule time or the language that governs the lost time benefit.

I had the floor, (or so I thought) read from a note to be clear, (you know us old people) made a motion to have our current financial secretaries schedule reflect that of prior financial secretaries schedules.... BAMMMM YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!!!! :lol2:

At the time of the Presidents conclusion... yep the quorum was still in place, members asking why the motion was out of order, members requesting discussion. Then the arms folded over the Presidents chest and the smile of a job well done comes across the Presidents face.

Members once again, we`ve been re-leaved of your authority. :hat_tip:

An International Audit will be in the 551`s near future. Ahhh I remember a few international audits where things just didn`t make everyone warm and fuzzy.

Edited by Decker

Members of the 551, I`ve been made aware that some of our financial officers may not be to clear on or understand the language as it is written in our by-laws. Instead these financial officers keep referring to "their interpretations" or as it seems to keep coming up "I think it means" as responses to the questions of how "lost time" is being paid by the membership.

I am a person of continuing education. With that said I`ve asked repeatedly for our financial officers to point out in the by-laws written word where it states the membership has to pay lost time benefits to anyone without the two requirements spelled out in Article XIII section 9.

"UAW Local 551 shall pay UAW members and representatives lost time only when the

UAW member or representative are performing official duties for and on behalf of UAW

Local 551 during a time for which he/ she would otherwise be compensated by the

employer."

As the membership can see, this is the first sentence of the section and there are no stipulations or other referrences to articles or sections. It states "only when" these two requirements are met will the membership be required to pay the lost time benefit to any member. So if I read this right, I or any member would have to be working for the membership (preforming official duties) at the same time I or any member wasn`t working for Ford and this would cause any member or I a loss in pay from Ford. Right?

I have read and re read our by-laws. No where can I find these two requirements waved or stipulated as not being a requirement to receive the payment of the lost time benefit that is paid by the membership. Once again I`ve asked to be educated by our financial officers and to point out to these old eyes where the waving of or the stipulations to disregard either of these requirements may be in the by-laws. The education I received was more on the line of, "well we have to pay the trustee`s something for their work on the audit, don`t we?" Of course I gave my view on that response, "of course the trustee`s should be paid by the membership to do the audit"..."as long as they are fulfilling the second requirement by proving the trustee`s lost pay from Ford".

Then it got real interesting, kinda. Our financial officer stated that he had been trained in the categorizing (Roberts Custom Software) of payments to members that did not lose any pay from Ford to be "wages". Of course on my journey of continuing education, I had a question. "Where is it stated that you can wave or suspend one of the two requirements to receive the lost time benefit that the membership pays members?" Ummm... yep Ummm was my first lesson from this financial officer, in the waving or suspending the "you have to lose pay from Ford to be paid the lost time benefit by the membership?" I asked one last question in my quest to further my education.... "who gave your training in the categorizing of payments? Roberts Custom Software?"

Members if you think this sounds a little different well.... me too.

Questions, Questions, Questions..... How many members didn`t have to lose pay from Ford to be paid lost time benefits from this membership? How many members went to this or that conference and received lost time benefits paid at the memberships expense without losing any pay from Ford? At what rate of pay were these "wages" paid? Straight Time? Time and a Half? Double Time?

No lost pay from your Ford pay check??... No problem, your covered. We will just call it "WAGES" :clapping:

Edited by Decker

It hit me like a 18oz Hammer!!!

The great interpreter (our very feelings orientated VP) has infected almost the whole e-board with his "I FEEL" stupid shit.

No…where are the words "feel" or "feelings" in the dam by-laws!!! Nowhere is the singular "I" used in the by-laws. Our Pres., VP, Financial Secretary or Recording Secretary didn't get elected to force their feeling on this membership. Did they?

I keep referring to the fact that there are no interpretations listed in the by-laws. I keep saying the written word of the by-laws is the only law governing the local. But our self-appointed throne sitters just assume they can say or use "I feel" as the law in governing the membership?

Article X, Section 5, Page 7

It shall be the duty of the Executive Board to enforce and execute decisions of the Local

Union, the By-Laws of the Local Union and the Constitution of the International Union.

(See the words “I Feel”?)

I FEEL...the trustees should get paid more???

I FEEL…the recording secretary should be at the hall 3 days a week and get paid more???

I FEEL…the financial secretary should be paid more???

I FEEL...that if we send those 5 out of town then these 5 should get to go too???

I FEEL...we should stick it to the membership!!! (opp`s scratch that one)

No Fricken Where Does It Say Or Use or Allow for the Term "I FEEL" to take the place of amending the by-laws.

RECORDING SECRETARY SAYS "I FEEL"

FINANCIAL SECRETARY SAYS "I FEEL"

VICE PRES. SAYS "I FEEL"

PRESIDENT SAYS "I FEEL"

I know our by-laws haven`t changed so its ok to just say "I Feel" and start the lost time flowing??? :thumbsup:

Our financial branch members of the 551 will never guess.... There is an agent at the Chicago Office of the DOL that "feels" my concern. :hat_tip:

There running it like a business plain and simple. They and I mean IUAW and the local know what's good for you and how dare you question there authority.

Thanks for the wake up call MTP`er..... what the hell was I thinking...I forgot the membership needs our union officials to tell us what we want or need and seeing as they are above the by-laws what is the problem? Really Decker just go to the back of the hall have some cool aid and cookies... :spiteful:

Besides I`ve been told that changing those silly by-laws would take to long and then again our financial secretary said he didn`t think paying lost time to myself or others without any loss in pay from Ford would be a issue :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker

I wonder if the “I Feel`ers” thought of this situation? Wait what I`m I saying the “I Feel`ers” know what’s best for all of us…. :spiteful:

Stopped by a young member of a standing committee today, “Hi how are ya”.

Decker, with all this talk around the plant about lost time could I ask you a question? Sure, fire away. (ooo… maybe not the best cute little response at CAP)

Let`s say, (kinda know where this is headed) a few members of the so so committee were sent to the bah bah bah demonstration to show our support. Would that be official union business? Yes it would.

We all got a check for lost time but, some of the so so committee were actually at the bah bah bah demonstration the same days that our RDO`s at the plant fall on. Ok, your question? Well. It`s being said out in the plant that the auditors might make us pay that money back, is that right?

I don`t, repeat don`t know what or if anything will be paid back. I never got to explain the audit or auditors Sunday at the meeting. (had to get to the point as the President stated, twice) Then the “but Decker you” jumped out… so I went to the standard press release, “there are two requirements stated in the by-laws that govern the issuing of lost time benefits’. 1) a member has to be doing official duties for the union 2) a member while doing official union duties had to lose pay from Ford at the same time the member was doing the official duties for the union. (I know not word for word) If you ask yourself those two questions and get a “yes” both times then you are entitled to have the membership pay you lost time benefits equal to what pay you didn`t get from Ford.

The committee member had that look on her face that I`ve seen so many times before and then another question….. well young sister, I believe that question would be best served by either the union official that made out the voucher, that you signed or the union official that made out the check and signed it on the bottom line or maybe ask the union official that signed the top line of the lost time benefit check that those union officials gave you.

Hmmm I`m sure the "I Feel`ers" thought of this.... :idea:

Edited by Decker

• 3 weeks later...

Members of the 551

It seems even being ruled out of order, with no explanation to the membership at the quorum for the out of order ruling and then the President not recognizing the member who put a second on the floor in support of the motion. Something in my motion must have struck a nerve with our financial officers.

Because the financial officers are backing all these proposed changes to our by-laws that our VP presented at the last meeting. With these proposed by-laws changes it would not be hard to see that the financial officers are admitting they have been receiving and paying others, lost time benefits wrongfully.

If the financial officers felt nothing was wrong with the way they are receiving and paying lost time benefits, as they stated before and after my motion was put on the floor. Then why the push to rewrite the language to correct the way they have been receiving they're lost time benefits? Besides the "new language" can`t change the wrongful payments of lost time that have been being paid out. But it sure puts in place the outward appearance our financial officers... think the changes can....... it can not.(in the DOL`s opinion)

Could it be our VP thinks that all he has to do is change the language and it will make the last couple of years of wrongful payments they have received and paid others.... ok?

I actually think the US DOL representative has a crystal ball or something. Damned if this isn't exactly what she said the financial officers would try to pull over on the membership.The first step that she spoke of would be for the financial officers to cover up the improper or wrong payments by proposing changes to the by-laws...

Hmmm maybe she's psychic?

Proposed new section 12 for article 10.

“The local union shall have a part time recording secretary. The recording secretary shall be paid lost time at his or her plant classification. The recording secretary will perform such duties deemed necessary by the local union executive board.”

No language stating with the membership's approval? Oh wait...The Executive Board can deem anything necessary?

Lost time benefits paid to the recording secretary, based on lost wages from the recording secretaries employer? Or maybe a guarantee of 50 hours a week like the proposed financial secretary`s proposed guarantee?

I find it kind of coincidental that some old long hair brings up the fact that we are not paying lost time benefits properly within the bylaws or as directed by the bylaws and without membership approval. Then BAM lets make by-laws changes... I don`t think I am the only one that see's these proposed changes in the by-laws as admitting the financial officers have been receiving and paying lost time.... wrong. (if not wrong, why make any changes?)

Then there is in fact, a conflict that would a cure with the constitution, if this proposed by-laws change was put in to effect. It states in the by-laws that the duties of the recording secretary will be as listed in the constitution. Nowhere in the constitution does it state duties for a recording secretary, is to do or help with representatives duties (work with or administer grievances) as the recording secretary is doing at present. Along with nowhere does it state in the by-laws that the recording secretary will, should or is to be paid lost time benefits for doing as the recording secretary is doing at present.

According to our DOL posted LM-2 reports, our current recording secretary has had a large jump in the lost time benefits paid to the recording secretary, over the last two years. So, these by-laws changes will make it legal to pay something not in the by-laws for the last two years….? If the VP reads the proposed by-laws changes it makes it ok to keep paying lost time benefits to these financial officers that isn`t in the by-laws…? Even before its voted on by the membership?

A certain US DOL agent states she could not find any language in our constitution that would correct or wipe away the wrongful payments the financial officers received or paid other members with the proposed by-laws changes. Maybe our VP could point out how his proposed changes would be the correcting of or wiping away of the wrongful lost time payments that have been paid to the financial officers? Or members? over the last few years.

These proposed by-laws changes are a clear example of my point; we have been paying lost time benefits completely against what is directed in our by-laws. With these proposed changes in our by-laws our VP and financial officers are admitting the financial branch of our E-Board has been paying lost time completely wrong.

If you're going to amend, modify or change wording in a certain area of the bylaws you look it over and make sure that there is a clear and simple path that the members can understand. Why then would you leave in such things as a part-time financial secretary in the language when the financial secretary is truly a part time Ford employee? Secondly, if you were to refer to lost time as the manner in which the financial secretary receives compensation, then how could a guarantee of a set number of hours be part of the actual bylaws? Is this type of guarantee in the language of the constitution? Can an officer receive both lost time pay and a guarantee check also? at the same time?

All these proposed by-laws changes state the financial secretary would be required to report to their employer one day a week to fulfill the requirements of a part time Ford employee. Why hasn't our financial secretary reported to their employer for the required one day a week, in years?

Members, these proposed changes in the by-laws are just like the excuses any kid would come up with to make it ok to be caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"I didn`t feel anyone wanted a cookie"

“I didn`t feel anyone would notice the missing cookies”

“I didn`t feel anyone would have an issue with me taking cookies that aren`t mine to take”

“I feel I deserve extra cookies”

Even if the VP can pull this dirty rug over the membership with these changes.... it will not correct or wipe away the wrong payments our financial officers have paid themselves and fellow members.

Edited by Decker

Really good post ! Need to put fliers at every break area stating free beer , wings, and waffles. Sorry, no disrespect intended , just need to get the attention of the sheeple. Whoops, sorry, pun intended. Remember THE WORLD ( 551 ) IS GOVERNED BY T H O S E WH O ....... S H O W U P ! ! ! Good luck w/that Isn't Tommy the heir apparent ?

• Like 1

Just a short update...

Our President has removed a certain old long hair from the by-laws committee.

When I asked for the reason or reasons for this action, our President stated " "we" don`t like the "untruthful" statements you`re making and those hand outs of yours are full of lies". You know me, I asked another question. Has my freedom of speech been considered, when "we" were making this decision on my removal? Of course I got the answer that I knew was going to be given... "As President I have the power to remove any member at any time. I have no need to worry about or to consider any freedom of speech issue you may have".

Coincidentally... this decision comes just over 24 hours before the scheduled by-laws meeting. The meeting to determine if a consensus could be reached on the "lost time" issues and the proposed language changes to the by-laws that would try to cover up the lost time pay checks that... are not in the by-laws.

Maybe I should take some time off? A vacation? If I fall in line with the President ( :worship: ) and look the other way on this get paid to play thingy, maybe I could get Ford to pay me vacation or personal business hours and the President could call Labor Relations and have them "U" code me on the same days? Hey maybe I could get a "lost time check also?" (not that, that would be a new procedure...)

Sunday`s general membership meeting should be really boring :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker

How in an organization that promotes equality and solidarity can something like this be accepted?

First, someone made a decision to pay Trustee's something called "Wages" while doing an audit. Because one of the Trustee's is on our C crew and had three RDO's in the middle of the audit. Being regularly scheduled time off the C crew Trustee did not lose any pay from Ford on those days of the audit. With no lost pay from Ford the by-laws will not allow for lost time paid by the membership. So call it "Wages"?

Then someone, decided not to pay members of our Trial Committee, that are on the C crew any type of pay on the C crew Trail Committee members RDO's? Because there was no lost pay from Ford, there was no lost time paid or “Wages”? These members are all in the same organization, all members in good standings, all doing official union duties on their regularly scheduled RDO's but not being paid the same benefits.

Neither the paying of wages or lost time would be correct under our by-laws but, whoever made these decisions did put in place a form of preferential treatment, where some members are treated better because? These types of decisions can only divide the membership.

Like many other higher seniority members I agree this is no way to teach our C crew, younger seniority members, a very wrong type of political favoritism. Neither is it sending a good message to these C crew members that they have to be apart of a certain group within our local to get these types of benefits. "Wages" paid to C crew Trustee's but not to C crew Trial Committee members? This shows a dark side of our local that I thought was on its way out. I see the "clique" or special group is still making these special privilege types of decisions. I know first hand that the clique mentality is alive and in force because the clique has removed me from the By-laws committee. The reason given by one of the clique members was “I have been removed from the by-laws committee because of my untruthful statements and my hand outs that are full of lies”. I believe the true reason was to try and stop my communicating my findings and exposing these types of favoritism decisions to our membership, including our younger members on the C crew.

Solidarity? As long as you have no issues with the favoritism.

Equality? As long as you see equal the same way the clique see’s equality.

Decker

Edited by Decker

Yesterdays General Membership Meeting was less than successful in conducting official business.

But... there was one very clear success. That being the proving just how the misguided lead with their level of non-experience.

JMO

Damn Decker I wish I had known you were at Local 600, I'd have bought you a beer afterwards.

I know caustic, all the local`s are very similar.... but when or if I get up your way I`ll take you up on the offer. I`m sure we would have a lot to discuss.

Here at the 551, it`s like no one want`s to take a look at the bylaws because it will disprove the intentions of those certain e-board members that think they are above the local`s law.

We have an e-board member that has this power to say any phase that starts with "I feel" and then certain e-board members just fall in line. It is like a trance. No questions, no asking if or where the phrase is in our bylaws. Just silly little sheep smiles on their faces.

This "I feel" spell has a certain financial secretary not only going along with our resident all knowing guru but, went to the plant conducted some form of negotiations and changed his hall schedule completely. When asked if there was any change to the language in our bylaws to make his lost time pay change a proper membership expense? Or when asked how can a change like your lost time pay start without the membership voting on the change, much less how can your lost time pay change go into effect without sending the lost time pay change to the international? Our financial secretary`s response has been "I have more than enough work to get the lost time" or "I didn`t think there`d be any issue with the change".

Then the "I feel" spell has over come our recording secretary.... The same or similar responses have been stated by the recording secretary when asked how has the recording secretary`s scheduled time at the hall been changed. We have heard "I`m working on grievances" , "I help at the hall" and other reasons to be at the hall getting at least three day`s a week of lost time pay. Questions have been put to the recording secretary like, "what is listed in our bylaws, as the duties of the recording secretary?" or "is the position of recording secretary listed as a "part time " or "full time" employee of the local in the bylaws?. Neither?

Then the "I feel" spell has been cast once again (very successfully) by the all knowing guru on a trustee. The guru stated "I Feel", that a C crew member of the trustee`s should be paid something while doing the semi annual on her RDO`s. Of course this is a very powerful spell and certain e-board member were so convinced they got everyone to agreed. Now this goes to the dark side. (heavy breathing in the back ground) The all knowing guru has his political side.... it seems when our local went through the process of selecting and activating a trial committee there were C crew members selected for the trial committee. This is were the all knowing becomes an activist or advocate for (drum roll...please) the bylaws. :idea: When the lightning and thunder stopped what did the all knowing declare....? "It is in the law of this land that a member has to be working on official union business at the same time losing pay from their employer to be granted lost time to be paid by this membership" Sooooo there will not be lost time granted to any member not losing pay from their employer, due to their RDO`s. "so it is written, so it shall be" (sorry I just had to but that in there ;) the all knowing didn`t say it like that)

As any member can see this is the double or higher standards that is being put into place by those certain e-board members that???? benfit from it being their way. I`m just wondering if the all knowing will ever point out to the certain e-board members under his spell... wait what I`m I thinking... the all knowing is way above pointing out the laws of the land.

So let and old long hair mention a couple lines in a letter from a past IUAW President.....

"UPON RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER THE LOCAL UNION CAN ONLY PAY MEMBERS THAT WHICH IS SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN THE LOCAL UNION BYLAWS"

OR

"REMEMBER: If the local union bylaws do not list it, the local union should not pay it."

OMG the dark clouds are gathering!!!! It`s starting to lightning!!!! the thunder is so loud!!! (You are out of order!!! You are out of order!!!)

Nope nothing is really happening people... knowing the law and fighting for it is not a bad thing. The all knowing and his minions don`t want the members to know or understand the law... because knowing the law is what keeps the all knowing types and his minions from taking from the members what is not theirs to take, .

Hey if your ever in the greatest city in the world caustic, let an old long hair buy you a Chicago Dog and a beer.

Edited by Decker

Following the suggestions of the DOL officer, I tried to contact the Region`s Auditor.

Called the region and left a message for the region`s auditor, with some back ground of my concerns. Well, umm.... got a call from a secretary advising me to contact my servicing rep. Of course silly me... I explained to the secretary that my concerns dealt with financial issues specifically. The secretary stated Ms Auditor said to contact your servicing rep... ok. I`m thinking this is the point I put on my tight leggin`s slip on my air jordan`s??? has the run a round started? So I left a message for my servicing rep.

My servicing rep did respond with a phone call. I explained the methods being used in the paying of "lost time" and the other financial concerns, my servicing rep said that`s financial issues? Long story short my servicing rep explained the "proto call" and "hierarchy" that`s all wrapped up in the regional "I`m somebody routine"...anyway I then agreed to fax a generalized time schedule of all the different discussions and what I`ve got as results from these discussions. My serving rep said he`d put together his findings along with my faxed info and e-mail the auditor.....

The apprenticeship list is out. Got any guesses to how many e-board members are on the list? Any guess to who turned down the apprenticeship? Because they can`t do an apprenticeship because (ready for this) of their full time job at the union hall? FULL TIME JOB?????? WHAAAA????? :wub: gotta love the dedication to the membership.....

Edited by Decker

Bullshit like this is why there are so many sheep. Not many want to deal with this kind of nonsense, and even less want to "drain the swamp" as Donald Trump would say

Crap, I just used that dreaded "T" name, better report me to the UAW overlords lest I get away with not following the narrative.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Bullshit like this is why there are so many sheep. Not many want to deal with this kind of nonsense, and even less want to "drain the swamp" as Donald Trump would say

Crap, I just used that dreaded "T" name, better report me to the UAW overlords lest I get away with not following the narrative.

I agree completely, fuzzy. If you don`t fit the sheep skin, they`ll do their best at running you around till you fit in.

It`s duly noted your reference to the "T" name.... fuzzy`s name will be put on the list of member`s that still have the capacity to think for themselves..... ;)

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1