5 New SUVs/Crossovers in North America.

From Ford's media release "Ford revealed four distinctive production variants of the Fiesta, including the stylish Fiesta Titanium, the Ford Performance-inspired Fiesta ST-Line, the upscale Fiesta Vignale and the Fiesta Active crossover."

CINO? Crossover-In-Name-Only?

• Like 1

The Escape is a Focus CUV, so really, the only other way to have one out of the Focus is to make a Crosstrek like cuv out of a hatchback or bring the wagon over and cuv-ize it.

Another possibility for a mystery model could be... Taurus as that once had a wagon version and sedans are losing momentum. A car like crosstreky thing in the Taurus size could be it.

A car like crosstreky thing in the Taurus size could be it.

Given the reception the Freestyle and Taurus X had over the past 12 years, I don't think that would fly too well.

Active Fiesta

Ford-Fiesta_Active-2017-ig.jpg

Regular Fiesta

Ford-Fiesta-2017-ig.jpg

outside of a new bumper, faux roof racks and black cladding on the Active, there really isn't much else different between the two. Not sure if this would fly in the North American Marketplace, at least.

• Like 1

A car like crosstreky thing in the Taurus size could be it.

Given the reception the Freestyle and Taurus X had over the past 12 years, I don't think that would fly too well.

Active Fiesta

Regular Fiesta

Ford-Fiesta-2017-ig.jpg

outside of a new bumper, faux roof racks and black cladding on the Active, there really isn't much else different between the two. Not sure if this would fly in the North American Marketplace, at least.

Kind of like how people call the Escape an SUV

Thats an easy one...outside of the horribly dangerous Bronco II there really wasn't a small SUV. The Escape (and other unibody small SUVs at the time) where actually the precursors to the CUV trend we see now. The biggest different between the the two is just the evolution from BOF to Unibody.

Its all about how its marketed. Given the small SUV/CUV market is about seating position/space/MPG now and not off road chops, it really doesn't matter.

Active Fiesta

Regular Fiesta

Ford-Fiesta-2017-ig.jpg

While I generally agree, I think that type of move is more..."acceptable" in smaller vehicles than in something like Freestyle.

I could see a Focus based on Euro Wagon Focus similar to the Golf Alltrak - AWD, cargo, etc. The Fiesta would fall flat here, it wouldn't have the ATP's for it to work, even at limited volume. I'd say Eco-sport, Model E, Bronco 2 door / 4 door, and either Focus Wagon AWD (AllTrack thing) or Everest. Probably would be similar volume as the Focus Wagon AWD thing but at much higher ATP's.

Edited by jasonj80

There is obviously room below Escape. I think a short C based vehicle (as new Escape gets slightly bigger) is better than an Ecosport and I don't think we need both. I could be wrong on that though.

There is room for both. The short C CUV will basically replace C-Max, which was executed poorly. Kia Niro is basically C-Max done correctly.

There is room for both. The short C CUV will basically replace C-Max, which was executed poorly. Kia Niro is basically C-Max done correctly.

I'm thinking this is about the Size of the Model E. Would still have almost the interior room of the Escape but in a slightly smaller outside dimensioned package.

The next Grand Cherokee will be based on the same platform as the Alfa Romeo Guilia and Stelvio. In other words, it will be a crossover.

Part of the same rumor that told us about the Bronco's return also had Wrangler competitors from GM and Toyota. I would bet that the Toyota "Wrangler" will spell the end of the 4Runner.

So I will say don't hold your breath for the Everest.

The next Grand Cherokee will be based on the same platform as the Alfa Romeo Guilia and Stelvio. In other words, it will be a crossover.

Cherokee or Grand Cherokee?

Seems strange that would be so with new Durango just arriving and being on the same platform as GC (Daimler)..

Edited by jpd80