Ford to show all-new vehicle tomorrow. New Expedition?

Expedition is tomorrow, and speculation is that Ford will show of another MCE for Explorer at the Chicago show.

Unless they surprise everyone with a Ranger concept or something, but we've narrowed it to an Explorer refresh.

I have a feeling they will debut the Ranger tomorrow at the Dallas Cowboys HQ based on who's attending...

That just doesn't make sense - it's too far away from production.

The official truck of the Dallas Cowboys is Ford Trucks. Revealing an SUV there doesn't make much sense either. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Mike Levine to be at an SUV reveal. I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling it will be the Ranger.

The official truck of the Dallas Cowboys is Ford Trucks. Revealing an SUV there doesn't make much sense either. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Mike Levine to be at an SUV reveal. I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling it will be the Ranger.

Mike's official title is "North America Product Communications Manager" according to his FB profile. He isn't just truck marketing manager anymore.

Sorry, I'm with the rest of the group and don't think it'll be the Ranger either. :)

• Like 2

Mike's official title is "North America Product Communications Manager" according to his FB profile. He isn't just truck marketing manager anymore.

Sorry, I'm with the rest of the group and don't think it'll be the Ranger either. :)

It may very well be the Expedition, it just still seems like an odd place to debut it. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm anxious to see what Ford has in store for the next Expedition. I wonder if the new 5.0 will be an option or if the 2.7 and 3.5 eb's will be the only choices. We'll find out tomorrow - wonder if the embargo ends at midnight. Ford has a huge opportunity here - the Tahoe/Suburbans are nice vehicles but are deeply flawed with the solid rear axle that robs the "way back" room and makes for an almost comical load height with the rear seat folded. Remember how Ford was lambasted for the solid rear axle in the 25K Mustang? I don't see Chevy or Cadillac being questioned for the same thing in 50 - 90 K luxury SUV's.

Where did you find the pictures, Dicorbett? I actually like it since it's a mixture of both 2018 F-150 with center bar in grille and current Explorer with grille style. I like the interior aside the fact that the shifter is now a knob instead of lever. I may have to take some time to get used to the shifter rotary knob. I like it as far as the exterior and overall interior except for knob switch.

Edited by pffan1990

it was put in another forum im part of. o

theres another rotary knob, im interested iwhat optiom that is. i actually like how it looks myself, but the ford trucks are a bit too common for the interior to ve the same for a vehicle thats introduced 3 yrs after the interior design was i yrpduced. but its still nice and better than the gm utes.

I think the other rotary knob is the transfer case system as used in the Explorer? Looks like it. The selector with: gravel, rain, mud, rocks, etc. setting. Surely it'll still come with low range 4x4 though.

Wondering if it will be a variant (cheaper) of what is in the Raptor? No Baja mode but thinking it may be a hybrid AWD/4X4 system.Same price point.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1