Official 2020 Bronco Website

I agree that we need both 2 and 4 door like the Wrangler.

2 Door to satisfy the purest and the 'cool' factor (I'm in!)

4 Door if they actually want to sell enough of them to make it worth while and profitable.

Can't wait to see in person. My plan, and we all know nothing ever goes according to plan - new vehicle in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

I agree that we need both 2 and 4 door like the Wrangler.

2 Door to satisfy the purest and the 'cool' factor (I'm in!)

4 Door if they actually want to sell enough of them to make it worth while and profitable.

Can't wait to see in person. My plan, and we all know nothing ever goes according to plan - new vehicle in 3-4 years.

it's a weird one. All the press stuff says 2020, but nobody really knows when production is supposed to start, not even people here at MAP. I thought it was supposed to be about a year after Ranger (which would put SOP in late 2019) yet I've also been told it's not supposed to start until CY2020.

Personally just reading tea leaves, I think it's going to get moved ahead to earlier in 2019, probably sometime late Q2/early Q3. If there's clay models that means they're close to building rolling prototypes, which also lines up with what PremierDrum said a few months ago when the first Ranger spy shots came out when he said Bronco prototypes should be coming out by the end of this year. Combine with management changes this week and the desire to be "quicker on their feet", I really feel like I'm right about this.

• Like 1

Im still not convinced the bronc sees the light of day..but it should...why would i wish for 1975 when that was the era of splodin pinto gas tanks...could not even buy a decent mustang in 75 either so theres that 2....yea i coulda bought a 2 DOOR bronco but decided to go with the 77 scout SS2...

Im still not convinced the bronc sees the light of day..but it should...why would i wish for 1975 when that was the era of splodin pinto gas tanks...could not even buy a decent mustang in 75 either so theres that 2....yea i coulda bought a 2 DOOR bronco but decided to go with the 77 scout SS2...

Not for nothing, Ford has learned a lot from those dark days and if you look at the Mustang II sales from that era...they were much higher than the ones they replaced. The Mustang II front suspension is "the hot setup" for hot rods...so there is some good from those days.....where is International Harvester on their development of a replacement for the Scout these days?? Oh, wait....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

s far as the clay model having two dorrs goes, some cars and trucks are designed to appear as if they don't have rear doors. The Chevy Spark comes to mind as does that new former Scion, but now a Toyota thing (C-HR?). Could the Bronco have rear hinged doors, or a door handle in the pillar whaich may not be obvious at a first glance on a clay model?

This is our Everest commercial...

Looks like another Escape/Explorer. Purist want something more "rugged", more Jeep-like. Closer to the original Bronco or the 2004 Bronco concept.

Between the Bronco and the Ranger, I want something close to the old Sport Trac. 4 doors, small bed

• Like 1

Looks like another Escape/Explorer. Purist want something more "rugged", more Jeep-like. Closer to the original Bronco or the 2004 Bronco concept.

Between the Bronco and the Ranger, I want something close to the old Sport Trac. 4 doors, small bed

Wheelbase is 112,2" shoulder room is around 57" so between Escape and Explorer in size.

With 4WD and 3.2 I-5 diesel this SUV is close on 5,000 lbs, a V6 gas version would be

around 300 lbs lihter and 2WD would be 200 lbs lighter again.

While the body of the Everest may remind you of those soft roaders, the chassis and driveline

is certainly that of a genuine off road vehicle, all it needs is a more jeep like styling.

Ranger Crew cab is basically the same hip and shoulder room as your Gen 1 Sport Trac.

the truck is now much bigger than previous Rangers seen in the USA.

Edited by jpd80

Starting in '80, they used the same much-maligned twin traction beam front suspension as the 1/2 ton F series pickups. I'll probably get told how stupid I am, but I really liked that setup. It was every bit as durable as a solid axle, even if it didn't offer as much suspension travel. What it did offer over the solid axle was an improved on-center feel to the steering since each hub was directly tied to the frame via the beam. Yes, you had to stay on top of bushing replacements, but that wasn't too hard really. The biggest issue was that the average alignment tech at the local quick lube had no idea how to align it. One you knew what you were doing and had a selection of camber/caster bushings to play with, it wasnt a big deal though.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv
  • Like 2

Starting in '80, they used the same much-maligned twin traction beam front suspension as the 1/2 ton F series pickups. I'll probably get told how stupid I am, but I really liked that setup. It was every bit as durable as a solid axle, even if it didn't offer as much suspension travel. What it did offer over the solid axle was an improved on-center feel to the steering since each hub was directly tied to the frame via the beam. Yes, you had to stay on top of bushing replacements, but that wasn't too hard really. The biggest issue was that the average alignment tech at the local quick lube had no idea how to align it. One you knew what you were doing and had a selection of camber/caster bushings to play with, it wasnt a big deal though.

isn't that similar to what the old Ranger had during its entire run?

Ranger Crew cab is basically the same hip and shoulder room as your Gen 1 Sport Trac.

the truck is now much bigger than previous Rangers seen in the USA.

Since the Gen 1 Sport Trac was essentially built on a Ranger Supercab frame I would be surprised if it was as wide as the T6. Are you sure you are not thinking of the Gen 2 Sport Trac which was built on a lengthened Explorer frame of the same era (2007 thru 2010)?

Since the Gen 1 Sport Trac was essentially built on a Ranger Supercab frame I would be surprised if it was as wide as the T6. Are you sure you are not thinking of the Gen 2 Sport Trac which was built on a lengthened Explorer frame of the same era (2007 thru 2010)?

Definitely larger than Gen 1

T6 Ranger Crew Cab's internal Hip room s a match for Gen 2 but the Shoulder room is approx 1.5" less,

the length and wheelbase makes it a close match to the Gen 2.

Edited by jpd80