Official 2020 Bronco Website

...its squared off and boxy.....mid sized and its 2 doors.....from someone that's seen the clay model.............

Fits right in with what I've heard (and someone else posted here) that they're using the '73 as inspiration.

2 doors, that interests me, I had heard that it was 4 doors with a 2 door version up in the air. I guess it's the other way around.

I'm hard pressed to believe they will build this without a 4-door variant. I'm willing to bet that a 2-door would be a non-starter for the majority of buyers.

I'm patientLy waiting to see what happens with this as we will be in the market about that time frame for another vehicle,

And I won't be interested in a 2-door.

I'm hard pressed to believe they will build this without a 4-door variant. I'm willing to bet that a 2-door would be a non-starter for the majority of buyers.

I find it hard also that they wouldn't offer a four door either...thats part of the reason why Wrangler sales have risen so much the past few years.

Personally I can go either way...I don't have kids to worry about and I rarely have more than another person in the car with me, so a two door would work for me.

Depending on how Ford does it, I don't see why it would be that much more difficult/cost effective not to offer both a two door and a 4 door. They could always do a 2 door with smaller rear access doors to take up the space that a 4 door SUV would have for the side stamping.

Fits right in with what I've heard (and someone else posted here) that they're using the '73 as inspiration.

2 doors, that interests me, I had heard that it was 4 doors with a 2 door version up in the air. I guess it's the other way around.

I'm patientLy waiting to see what happens with this as we will be in the market about that time frame for another vehicle,

And I won't be interested in a 2-door.

I find it hard also that they wouldn't offer a four door either...thats part of the reason why Wrangler sales have risen so much the past few years.

Personally I can go either way...I don't have kids to worry about and I rarely have more than another person in the car with me, so a two door would work for me.

Depending on how Ford does it, I don't see why it would be that much more difficult/cost effective not to offer both a two door and a 4 door. They could always do a 2 door with smaller rear access doors to take up the space that a 4 door SUV would have for the side stamping.

I think it be a colossal mistake to not offer a 4 door. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot from the get-go without one.

Perhaps it could just be that this person only saw the 2-door clay model and didn't see the 4-door that they're also working on. That's my guess.

I'm all for offering a 2 door; I just can't see how they can justify the investment in the product if it were only a 2 door, though. To me, the 4-door would pay the bills with a 2-door being icing on the cake.

Unless it's a case where it launches with 2-door only and a 4 door comes the next year (but again, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot) or something.

I also think a 2 door + access doors instead of a true/full 4-door would be a mistake.

Edited by rmc523

Explorer is the 4 door version.

Sorry, no.

They cater to different markets. Yes, there's some overlap, but there are buyers for both.

That's like saying the Grand Cherokee is the 4 door version of Wrangler, yet clearly they both sell very well.

• Like 1

Unless it's a case where it launches with 2-door only and a 4 door comes the next year (but again, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot) or something.

I also think a 2 door + access doors instead of a true/full 4-door would be a mistake.

I concur on all the above. I also wanted to add that I am not against the 2-door. I hope they have it, I just feel the 4-door is mandatory for success.

A 4 door bronco..i hope ford kills the whole project now before it flops in the market place..we have enuff foo foo poodle brodozers out there now...i can see it now 20 inch rims and owners bitchin about not enuff cup holders...jeeps, broncos, scouts all looked good in vert form...all short wheelbase 2 doors...a 4 door vert just looks like crap...the early full size blazers also looked good in vert form..the full size bronco with the safety nazis involved by 1978 is not that great to look at with the top off...

A 4 door bronco..i hope ford kills the whole project now before it flops in the market place..we have enuff foo foo poodle brodozers out there now...i can see it now 20 inch rims and owners bitchin about not enuff cup holders...jeeps, broncos, scouts all looked good in vert form...all short wheelbase 2 doors...a 4 door vert just looks like crap...the early full size blazers also looked good in vert form..the full size bronco with the safety nazis involved by 1978 is not that great to look at with the top off...

Based on your previous posts and this one, you clearly aren't the target market for this vehicle, nor do you seem to realize that a 4-door would pay the bills and make a 2-door possible. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and resources. Clearly, a 4-door Wrangler hasn't hurt Wrangler's or Jeep's reputation.

personally I think there will be two versions, a 2 door WOOOOOOHOOOO and a 4. If its , as expected, based on the Ranger chassis, all the difference would be would be two differing wheelbases, std cab vs Crew cab maybe......or Super cab....if the ranger comes in 3 body styles wouldn't be that difficult to imagine 2 Broncos...Im stoked about this car...and Im already getting bombarded with inquiries....the squared off look leads me to believe retro....fingers crossed.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

personally I think there will be two versions, a 2 door WOOOOOOHOOOO and a 4. If its , as expected, based on the Ranger chassis, all the difference would be would be two differing wheelbases, std cab vs Crew cab maybe......or Super cab....if the ranger comes in 3 body styles wouldn't be that difficult to imagine 2 Broncos...Im stoked about this car...and Im already getting bombarded with inquiries....the squared off look leads me to believe retro....fingers crossed.

I think we'll see a modern retro. By that I mean maybe not quite to the level of '05 Mustang retro, but not a completely modern look either.

Here are a couple of sketches I did a while back. I have an alternate front in mind that I haven't gotten around to sketching yet, but here are these for now...

Bronco%20Front_zpskq7v6br2.jpg

Bronco%20Rear_zps8j6iy2wd.jpg

Based on your previous posts and this one, you clearly aren't the target market for this vehicle, nor do you seem to realize that a 4-door would pay the bills and make a 2-door possible. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and resources. Clearly, a 4-door Wrangler hasn't hurt Wrangler's or Jeep's reputation.

he thinks/wishes it was still 1975....

The 4 door Wrangler saved the Wrangler from the chopping block. Adding the 4door was probably the second smartest thing Diamler did during their ownership of Jeep.

Pretty sure the current T6 Ranger has just one length wheelbase and the different cab configurations all use different length beds. I would be surprised if that changes with the next Ranger.

However, the Everest SUV does have a shorter wheelbase than the Ranger so there is precedence. Obviously the Bronco will need a shorter version of the Ranger frame, especially if there is a 2-door version. I suppose there could be three different length frames; Longest = Ranger, Mid-length = Everest and 4-door Bronco, Shortest = 2-door Bronco.

On the subject of 2-door vs 4-door Bronco, I guess it depends how serious Ford is about sticking to the Bronco's heritage and off-road roots versus the sales potential of a 4-door version. Just because Jeep offers a 4-door Wrangler does not mean Ford HAS to do the same thing. You can't buy a 4-door Mustang either. Depends what their sales goals are and how many combined Ranger/Bronco sales they need to make MAP profitable. If they intend to try and outsell the Wrangler then a 4-door is probably necessary. Personally I doubt that is the plan so maybe a 2-door is all they need. If they plan to follow the Mustang model and sell the Bronco globally then, again, maybe a 2-door is all they need.

• Like 1

If they plan to follow the Mustang model and sell the Bronco globally then, again, maybe a 2-door is all they need.

I still find that hard to believe that they would kneecap sales "just because"

I don't see the Ranger selling more than 100-125K units a year...if they do just a two door Bronco, they'll be lucky to sell 50K of them a year. They would want that plant at the 150-200K unit mark a year at least

• Like 1

Pretty sure the current T6 Ranger has just one length wheelbase and the different cab configurations all use different length beds. I would be surprised if that changes with the next Ranger.

However, the Everest SUV does have a shorter wheelbase than the Ranger so there is precedence. Obviously the Bronco will need a shorter version of the Ranger frame, especially if there is a 2-door version. I suppose there could be three different length frames; Longest = Ranger, Mid-length = Everest and 4-door Bronco, Shortest = 2-door Bronco.

On the subject of 2-door vs 4-door Bronco, I guess it depends how serious Ford is about sticking to the Bronco's heritage and off-road roots versus the sales potential of a 4-door version. Just because Jeep offers a 4-door Wrangler does not mean Ford HAS to do the same thing. You can't buy a 4-door Mustang either. Depends what their sales goals are and how many combined Ranger/Bronco sales they need to make MAP profitable. If they intend to try and outsell the Wrangler then a 4-door is probably necessary. Personally I doubt that is the plan so maybe a 2-door is all they need. If they plan to follow the Mustang model and sell the Bronco globally then, again, maybe a 2-door is all they need.

I just find it hard to believe that it'd be just 2-doors.

Think about it:

1) GM sold about 150K Colorado+Canyon, so if we expect 125K sales for Ranger, that leaves what? Another 175K of volume for the plant (I'm assuming MAP has a 300K capacity....can anyone verify or correct that figure?)? The 2-door Wrangler by itself sold 80K units in 2006, but sales have more than doubled to over 200K last year with the addition of the 4-door, and while I don't have any numbers on it, I'm sure 2-doors make up a smaller and smaller percentage of overall sales. So lets project 100K sales for Bronco. That leaves them around 225K overall production. I think that's about a minimum goal for them. I don't see 2-door Bronco sales reaching anywhere near that figure, even with "legacy" sales (buyers coming out of the cracks to buy a "Bronco" again) propping up numbers.

2) A 4-door model can command a higher MSRP than a 2-door, that's a lot of money to leave on the table.

3) A 4-door model helps shield it against a slowing market - less practical models like 2-door SUVs and coupes are the first to drop sales when the market slows, as they're not always someone's primary vehicle.

4) Wrangler's 4-door shows that you can have one without diluting/damaging the nameplate.....if anything it strengthened and saved it.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

This SWB version was spotted at the Aussie proving grounds a few years ago.

I do remember driving SWB versions of the global Ranger in the early 2000s

2015_03_16_ford_ranger_01.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Hey....look at that...a cab and Chassis Ive requested.....theres NO competitors in that segment.....

yeah and as you and I both know, those aluminum trays are much more popular in Australia/New Zealand

in single cab than the conventional well back tub unless fitted with a canopy. the regular tub is more

popular in crew cab configurations with and without canopy fitted.

The shorty single cab is produced for Asian markets, not available in Australia / NZ

Look, whatever North America feels its needs should be able to be covered by the present

product envelope, gasoline engines not withstanding...

what's your gut tell you with EB vs v6?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1