Official 2020 Bronco Website

I follow you. Regarding that, what would prevent them from building a complete roll cage that would continue to allow the windshield to be folded down?

Roll cages can be intrusive to headroom and getting in and out of the vehicle. They don't look "good" either...unless you have a drag car.

This is how the Renegade handles it...I'm assuming Ford is going to something similar with the Bronco...hopefully better looking too

post-11015-0-89618900-1486581471_thumb.jpg

See - but that's just it...... Why does a serious off road rig that's supposedly gonna go head to head with Jeep need the automatic parking crap? That's just another gimmick, largely unwanted by the apparent target audience, that will only make it that much harder to modify for serious off-road use.

These details are what will determine if Ford is actually serious about this new Bronco.

If is not solid axle both ends, no interested. If it is, that is going to be one interesting EPAS.

Maybe stick it right on top of the axle??

You wouldn't be saying that when a family member is killed when your jeep gets T-boned and rolls over.

I had a classmate in high school get killed that way...didn't help that he ran a stop sign (at 3-4AM) and didn't have a seatbelt on either, but you get the point.

Some dumbass running a stop sign doesn't give the government the authority to tell me I can't take the roof off my car.

Tired of people giving up their freedoms for "safety". Go buy a VW if you love your family so much

Some dumbass running a stop sign doesn't give the government the authority to tell me I can't take the roof off my car.

Tired of people giving up their freedoms for "safety". Go buy a VW if you love your family so much

That's all fine and good for you, but it's not just you we are talking about. I was just explaining what happens and why regulations like that happen.

Isn't the renegade unibody? With an integrated A pillar (not a foldable/removable windshield) they should be able to build it just like a convertible car.

You've seen what the Murano looks like as a convertible...right? Not to mention that would require a lot of additional stiffing of the lower body since you lost the upper part of the crash cell.

It's all good :)

Thus my confusion why people are mad about electronic power steering on the Bronco...I don't see why it would be such an impact on off reading.

For one thing, if you need more steering force for large tires/rock crawling,

on a hydraulic system, you can upgrade pump. If that is not enough, you can

add a ram on axle.

Not sure what you do on electric............ I do think EPAS right

on top/front of solid axle would be pretty easy. Would need

some killer skid plates for it.

For one thing, if you need more steering force for large tires/rock crawling,

on a hydraulic system, you can upgrade pump. If that is not enough, you can

add a ram on axle.

Not sure what you do on electric............ I do think EPAS right

on top/front of solid axle would be pretty easy. Would need

some killer skid plates for it.

I just did some research now that I know what it is. More often than not it's incorporated into the steering gear itself

I just did some research now that I know what it is. More often than not it's incorporated into the steering gear itself

Right, and I guess they could easily go back to a

recirculating ball steering box if they had to, just

with electric input.

You've seen what the Murano looks like as a convertible...right? Not to mention that would require a lot of additional stiffing of the lower body since you lost the upper part of the crash cell.

Yeah the Murano was hideous. But this one doesn't look bad:

rrevoqueconvladraftnd009-1.jpg

L538C_RoofUp_REF-680x450_293-202366_680x

2017rangeroverevoqueconvertible-006.jpg

Edited by rmc523

That's all fine and good for you, but it's not just you we are talking about. I was just explaining what happens and why regulations like that happen.

Yup, doesn't make it right though. The government needs to stop doing things for the sake of doing them.

Department of Homeland Defense.... Patriot Act.... Extreme vetting..... No, you're not helping

just-stop.jpg

/End Rant!

Yup, doesn't make it right though. The government needs to stop doing things for the sake of doing them.

Department of Homeland Defense.... Patriot Act.... Extreme vetting..... No, you're not helping

Thats all fine and good till you have lawsuits on your hands...and all your examples are aftermarket examples that are unsuitable for the general market place.

Well whatever-hopefully the new one will have plenty of rust proofing! ;) Newest addition in the family. I told my son- "when in doubt, rip it out". when he is done he might have some decent MIG skills!

If they make the body out of aluminum they won't need much rustproofing. I know, wishful think.

That photo looks way too familiar. Good luck.