New MKT Grille

This is strange because I'm usually the one saying things look alike when nobody else does. But I don't see any similarities in the greenhouse, rear quarter, doors, front fenders, hood or lights.

Cover up the front grille and I wouldn't think they were even from the same mfr. But maybe it's just me.

The only thing that is similar is the basic sillhouette which is visible at this angle. The flanks of the two cars are completely dissimilar. The MKZ has flat beveled lines and surfacing while the Continenral has rounded soft contours and more french curves, not to mention a raised powerdome hood that extends forward to a protruding grille.

About the only similarities I see are the wheel arches. If we had a side view comparison, I don't think the greenhouses would be as similar looking as the above views suggest. The C pillar on the Continental has a detail line on it that cannot be seen from these pics. It is barely visible in the pic below but it actually breaks up the width of the C pillar. It appears that the Conti also has more rake to both the front and rear of the roof line.

I am not seeing much similarity in the taillight treatment, either.

a49bf867-24d3-45e3-aa15-1b23d5f93fec_zps