New MKT Grille

I know I am in the minority but the mkt doesn't bother me. It's not as pretty as the explorer or even the flex. I just don't hate it. I think it would be a great used vehicle to buy.

I think from the side it is not bad at all. It was the front which is now fixed a little and the awful back that hurt it.

I know I am in the minority but the mkt doesn't bother me. It's not as pretty as the explorer or even the flex. I just don't hate it. I think it would be a great used vehicle to buy.

The MKT always seemed to be a love it or hate it car. I had a 2012 and liked that design the best.

Let's face it, it was another product in which the concept looked much more handsome and attractive than the actual product. One you alter the stance, a belt line, and some porportions you run that risk. Let's not forget the original Zephyr had a very nice rear light treatment that looked slim, thin, elegant. The product was some frumpy oversized contraption that didn't look endearing and critisized for it.

Let's face it, it was another product in which the concept looked much more handsome and attractive than the actual product. One you alter the stance, a belt line, and some porportions you run that risk. Let's not forget the original Zephyr had a very nice rear light treatment that looked slim, thin, elegant. The product was some frumpy oversized contraption that didn't look endearing and critisized for it.

Oh yeah, the Zephyr concept looked great.

In order for it to be a great used vehicle it first has to be sold as a new vichixle and that is the problem!

• Like 1

Yeah that Zephyr concept was styled AFTER the production versions were finalized as is usually the case with most so called concept cars that appear a year before the production models do

Well, they did themselves a disservice then, as the production one is very underwhelming and short/stubby compared to the clean, sleek concept.

• Like 1

:headscratch:

Greenhouses are nearly identical. Headlights have the same details (multi projector), The Conti has fender flairs and the tail light shapes are similar to one another. They aren't identical, but you can see the DNA is similar

You can tell both are Lincolns.

Sorta like the Probe III became the Sierra/Merkur

ford-probe-iii-06.jpg

1985-1989-Merkur-XR4TI-front-three-quart

Or even the Taurus (a little bit)...just noticed the Probe III had the cheese grater tail lights that showed up on the 1985 Mustang GT!

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

Greenhouses are nearly identical. Headlights have the same details (multi projector), The Conti has fender flairs and the tail light shapes are similar to one another. They aren't identical, but you can see the DNA is similar

You can tell both are Lincolns.

This is strange because I'm usually the one saying things look alike when nobody else does. But I don't see any similarities in the greenhouse, rear quarter, doors, front fenders, hood or lights.

Cover up the front grille and I wouldn't think they were even from the same mfr. But maybe it's just me.

• Like 1