2018 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

Released from the plant waiting shipment

Mine was produced on 10/19 (before 'ok to buy') and is also 'awaiting shipment' in COTUS. Any idea as to the process Ford follows for releasing these early production units? I've seen a number of cars go to 'in transit' for delivery in NC (my area) and it seems to be purely random (all styles, drivetrains, packages, etc.). My dealer seems to have no info/idea.

Mine was produced on 10/19 (before 'ok to buy') and is also 'awaiting shipment' in COTUS. Any idea as to the process Ford follows for releasing these early production units? I've seen a number of cars go to 'in transit' for delivery in NC (my area) and it seems to be purely random (all styles, drivetrains, packages, etc.). My dealer seems to have no info/idea.

Anything built before ok to buy will be reinspected and, if needed, repaired before it is released for shipping.

Keep in mind that FRAP is notorious for shipping delays. I personally blame Canadian National. Everything they do in Flat Rock Yard seems to be done at a snails pace.

• Like 1

Vehicle Visibility status history for 2018 Mustang GT ordered as a "Demo" unit and produced on 10/11/2017.

• In Transit - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Csx Transportation ) Newboston, MI Nov-02-2017, 21:47 ET TBD TBD N/A
  • In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX715116 (Csx Transportation ) Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI Nov-02-2017, 18:00 ET TBD TBD N/A
  • In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation ) Newboston, MI Nov-02-2017, 15:30 ET TBD TBD N/A
  • In Transit Received - OBOB8131 (Csx Transportation ) Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI Nov-01-2017, 16:16 ET TBD TBD N/A
  • Awaiting Shipment - Released Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Oct-29-2017, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Production - Produced Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Oct-11-2017, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Production - Trim Line Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Oct-10-2017, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Production - Body Shop Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Oct-05-2017, 00:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Production - Sent to Plant Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Oct-03-2017, 10:35 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Oct-11-2017) Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Sep-15-2017, 17:20 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-09-2017) Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Sep-15-2017, 14:00 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Oct-18-2017) Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Sep-01-2017, 15:36 EDT TBD TBD N/A
  • In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-16-2017) Flat Rock Assembly Plant, MI Aug-24-2017, 06:58 EDT TBD TBD N/A

Vehicle Visibility status history for 2018 Mustang GT ordered as a "Demo" unit and produced on 10/11/2017.

Can you run the report on this VIN? 1FATP8UH9J5106562 I'm going to see my dealer today and ask why a car produced on 10/19 is still sitting in Awaiting Shipment status. I've followed 26 VIN's in COTUS with random production dates and 23 have been shipped, most shipped within a week of OKTB. Of course the one ordered for me is 1 of those 3 left to move. I'm frustrated with Ford. Hopefully the dealer can get me info.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would this also include a GT with Performance Pack 2 (673)? Thanks!

No. Performance Package - Level 2 (673) is not available with the GT Performance Package (67G). Final 2018MY Mustang orders are due by April 5th so I'd check with your Dealer as commodities do balance out early. I wouldn't expect it to be easy to get the Level 2 package scheduled this late considering it's a controlled commodity with limited availability.

Thanks. My order for 301A PP2 was placed on 3/7. I haven't been able to get any additional information from anyone. Since I was wanting Lightning Blue which I hear is discontinued for MY19, waiting isn't an option to reorder. I have found several LB GT PP1 301A, so I don't know whether to jump on one of those or wait. Will this most likely be the last week for orders to get scheduled? Thanks again for all your help. The early cutoff on orders caught me off guard.

Edited by Lightning Bolt

Thanks. My order for 301A PP2 was placed on 3/7. I haven't been able to get any additional information from anyone. Since I was wanting Lightning Blue which I hear is discontinued for MY19, waiting isn't an option to reorder. I have found several LB GT PP1 301A, so I don't know whether to jump on one of those or wait. Will this most likely be the last week for orders to get scheduled? Thanks again for all your help. The early cutoff on orders caught me off guard.

Final 2018MY Mustang scheduling will be done on April 5th. Ford is pretty good about scheduling retail orders and making exceptions to controlled commodities when possible. I'd check with your Dealer and ask if they have 2018MY Mustang allocation available. If they don't have any allocation remaining or other unscheduled retail orders are ahead of yours it'll be more unlikely for your order to get scheduled.

Final 2018MY Mustang scheduling will be done on April 5th. Ford is pretty good about scheduling retail orders and making exceptions to controlled commodities when possible. I'd check with your Dealer and ask if they have 2018MY Mustang allocation available. If they don't have any allocation remaining or other unscheduled retail orders are ahead of yours it'll be more unlikely for your order to get scheduled.

Thanks. I know they have allocation and they gave me a priority code 10. I guess I'll hold out hope for another week or two. Thank you sir for all your help!

My pleasure. Just let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I do have a couple more questions. I received an update from my dealer this morning that my vehicle is scheduled to be built 5/10/18. Later in the afternoon I received a VIN. The status on COTUS is still showing as in order processing.

Q#1: If you receive a VIN, is there still a chance the car may not get scheduled?

Q#2: If it does get scheduled, when would you expect to get a window sticker?

Q#3: At this point, could there still be any issues where parts availability could keep it from getting built?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

I do have a couple more questions. I received an update from my dealer this morning that my vehicle is scheduled to be built 5/10/18. Later in the afternoon I received a VIN. The status on COTUS is still showing as in order processing.

Q#1: If you receive a VIN, is there still a chance the car may not get scheduled?

Q#2: If it does get scheduled, when would you expect to get a window sticker?

Q#3: At this point, could there still be any issues where parts availability could keep it from getting built?

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

1. The VIN number is generated at the time your vehicle is scheduled.
  2. Window Stickers are generated at about the time the vehicle goes into production.
  3. Commodity issues only prevent a vehicle from being scheduled. Once the vehicle is scheduled commodity issues no longer apply and the vehicle will be produced as ordered.
  • Like 1

• The VIN number is generated at the time your vehicle is scheduled.
  • Window Stickers are generated at about the time the vehicle goes into production.
  • Commodity issues only prevent a vehicle from being scheduled. Once the vehicle is scheduled commodity issues no longer apply and the vehicle will be produced as ordered.

You are the man! I can't thank you enough for all the help and great information you have provided me. I just turned 55, and this is my early retirement present to me that my wife has been so very generous to let me have. This has been quite an adventure just getting in under the wire. Lightning Blue is one of my favorite all time colors. I am sad to see Ford discontinue it for MY19, but I guess that might make my MY18 Lightning Blue Performance Pack 2 a little more unique. Once again, thank you for being so patient with me and answering all of my questions.

As Jimmy Fallon would say:

Thank you, ice-capades, for showing us just how crappy our local dealers really are..........

All too true, all too often or there wouldn't be as much need for BOF! But thanks also to you, fuzzy, deanh and a few other BOF members that provide so much help!

• Like 3

Is there any way to track a new mustang once it leaves the factory? According to cotus my car 1FA6P8CF4J5153981 was built March 27 and was in transit March 29 at about 7am. I'm near Cincinnati about 200 miles south of flat rock. I called the dealer and they aren't very helpful.

Is there any way to track a new mustang once it leaves the factory? According to cotus my car 1FA6P8CF4J5153981 was built March 27 and was in transit March 29 at about 7am. I'm near Cincinnati about 200 miles south of flat rock. I called the dealer and they aren't very helpful.

Unfortunately, no. Once it gets released for shipping its out of Fords hands, its a completely different company that handles shipping. And as an unfortunate double whammy, the Flat Rock plant is notorious for shipping delays.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, no. Once it gets released for shipping its out of Fords hands, its a completely different company that handles shipping. And as an unfortunate double whammy, the Flat Rock plant is notorious for shipping delays.

Thanks for reply. Waiting is terrible and the dealer says mid April delivery. 2 plus weeks seems like a long time to travel about 200 miles.