2018 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

Need to see HP numbers before i order one..

What is the issue with HP info?

What issue are you referring to? They usually don't announce HP and fuel economy until right before product launch to allow for testing and last minute changes.

I question why a consumer would order a sports car not knowing a/the significant feature.

Most consumers don't order a vehicle before the new models hit the dealership. And those who do either already have the info or don't care.

Besides, ordering a vehicle now doesn't help you get it any faster. They don't even schedule customer orders until after the ok to buy which is 5 days to a few weeks after production starts.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

There will be big incentives coming soon to help clear out the 2017MY Mustang inventory!

FYI... The 2018 Mustang USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is due to open on Monday (08/24/2017) which usually would mean that the 2018 Mustang Order Guide should be released to dealers by then. A lot of the 2018MY order guides for other vehicle lines are being released at least a week after the scheduled USOB open date lately and almost all those vehicle lines are turning out to be strictly "Carryover" with minimal changes. There are substantial changes to the 2018MY Mustang, well beyond the typical mid-cycle changes but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2018 Mustang Order Guide released late. I'll check the new FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) tomorrow morning to see if anything changes with the Mustang USOB open date. In any event, be assured that I'll upload the 2018 Mustang Order Guide as soon as it's released to Dealers!

• Like 1

Thanks Ice..

Looking to buy a one soon. If the price is right , a '17 would do.

I just received a $750 coupon last week, and i think they have 0 percent along with some cash.

If i see better MPG along with significant HP, a '18 would be better..

Please keep me posted.

I noticed that also. I wonder if it's an oversight? Someone didn't proof read the option list. What is an "Active Value" exhaust?

I assume it's "Active Valve" where you can electronically open the exhaust bypassing the muffler (for track use only). Just guessing though.

I assume it's "Active Valve" where you can electronically open the exhaust bypassing the muffler (for track use only). Just guessing though.

They fixed it. It was on the option list and also under the info tab. Reminded me of a radio commercial for a tire warehouse back in Boston.The commercial mentioned a free "value stem" with purchase.

At least in the Northeast, Ford is adding a "Dealer Cash" incentive to help sell off the remaining 2017 Mustang inventory. The Dealer Cash is not a rebate but an incentive paid directly to the Dealer. The Dealer can use the Dealer Cash incentive as they choose.

X plan buyers usually get an extra rebate when they put dealer cash on the hood. But not always.

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 Mustang!

• 06/30/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 07/27/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 09/21/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date

• 07/25/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/17/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/02/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

• 2 weeks later...

Initial 2018 Mustang scheduling has been delayed a week and will start next Thursday (08/24/2017) for production the weeks of 10/02/2017 & 10/09/2017 for stock orders. Per standard policy, retail orders will not start to schedule until the "OK to Buy" status is reached which is normally 4-6 weeks after the Job #1 Date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is the 10/2 Job #1 date still current for the '18 Mustang? I've seen a couple of stories noting that Flat Rock would shutdown along with some other plants to reduce inventories. It wasn't clear whether that was just covering the changeover period or in addition to.

The down weeks at Flat Rock are 9/25 (aka this week) and 10/30

Thanks. Trying to decide on an order and I'm hearing that some people have had build dates pushed back from October to the end of November so I was concerned that there might be a delay.