MAP changeover rumor thread

fuzzymoomoo

That one has been pretty obvious for a while. If they're going to axe the second shift (and all signs are the company is desperate to), my guess is the earliest it will happen is March.

I'm still not convinced they weren't lying when they said no jobs would be lost with the Ranger coming in.

Itll be one shift after the changeover. And all they have to do is send those who dont make the 1 shift at MAP to other plants and no jobs have been lost

I thought FRAP was already only 1 shift

they've been 2 shifts for the last 4 years or so.

They just did rolling layoffs all summer and now just got rid of all of their temps. If that doesn't say they're losing a shift soon then I don't know what does. The company even admitted they wanted to cut second shift before the union convinced them to do rolling Layoffs for the summer.

FYI, signs are pointing to FRAP losing a shift in the not too distant future. Gonna be a lot of competition for not a lot of open jobs.

Thats when seniority within the company comes into use. And those at FRAP Bcrew have less than us at MAP

Does anybody know what the cutoff seniority would be if we were to go to one shift?

Anyone giving you an answer to that is saying so with pure speculation. ZERO proof. All potential job postings and (possible) buyouts would skew any number that is speculated. Taking the above '98 speculation to '00 or even lower.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not worth it. Just bought a house last year, 9 month old son, I DGAF about my family but my wife and I are both very close with her family and neither of us want to move away from that.

Same boat here, my wifes career isnt one where she can just up and leave. My 6 year old son is in school, one he really likes. And my mother is battling cancer, so the last thing I want to do is leave Michigan while shes going through this.

• 3 weeks later...