2019 Silverado spied

rmc523

2019 Chevrolet Silverado appears to have aluminum envy, as our spy photographers captured a test truck wrapped in Ford F-150-like camouflage. These are some of our first shots of the new truck, which was seen at a General Motors testing facility. It's rumored to make extensive use of aluminum and composite materials in order to shed pounds and improve fuel economy.

silverado-w01-kgp-ed-1.jpg

silverado-w08-kgp-ed-1.jpg

---

The wheel wells look like they could be dangerously close to being circular!

---

Whoops, I forgot to include the link. There's more pictures there:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/30/chevrolet-silverado-spy-shots-ford-f-150/

Edited by rmc523

Hmnn-what about the drop down window line? For real or more "decoy"??

I can't tell if it actually drops down or if it's just the camo. And we couldn't see through the window to the door panel on the other side. The mirror mount is also odd looking.....unless it's just disguise, it's almost a mast mount look.

Where is Borg when you actually need his x-ray vision?

Hahaha! :hysterical:

Just FYI for everyone, I had forgotten to add the link to the top of the page, that's been corrected.

Here it is for those that are too lazy to scroll up:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/30/chevrolet-silverado-spy-shots-ford-f-150/

There are more pictures there....maybe y'all can see something I'm not seeing.

• Like 1

As an additional piece of news......Chevy will be adding another feature they made fun of Ford for having (first aluminum) and now a tailgate step.....it appears to basically be a tailgate within a tailgate within a tailgate.....or tailgateception.

2017-02-02+%281%29.jpg

2017-02-02+%282%29.jpg

• Like 1

That tailgate looks kinda cool, and it could be used as a seat for a couple folks as well. However, it looks much more complex and involved than the Ford system.

I assume you're referring to sitting on the lower part? Would it have enough room to sit on it?

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Kinda hard to tell on the room without dimensions, but looks like it may work.

It looks roughly to be a 1/3 of the tailgate size by the time you subtract the part that folds down to support the lower step, so maybe it could function as a mini seat....don't think it'd be too comfortable, though.

Perhaps they had to do it that way to avoid existing patents.

Nothing new for GM though. They just came out with their version of Mykey within the last couple of years. Ford had it in 2011.

Yeah, that's true.

The Chevy step looks convoluted and unnecessarily complex. I don't like the idea of putting part of your tailgate further down in harms way. I guess we will have to wait and see its execution for final judgment.

I will say I absolutely love the step on my F150. It was a great innovation that is very useful.

What looks annoying is the potential depth issue. If you can only put half your foot on the step, that would drive me nuts. What I like about my step on my SD is that it is open on both sides so I can Balance my whole foot on the step.

Having your toes hit the end on the GM and possibly half your rear foot hanging off would tick me off.

• Like 1

As an additional piece of news......Chevy will be adding another feature they made fun of Ford for having (first aluminum) and now a tailgate step.....it appears to basically be a tailgate within a tailgate within a tailgate.....or tailgateception.

2017-02-02+%281%29.jpg

2017-02-02+%282%29.jpg

It looks like a Russian nesting doll version of a tailgate.