Ford doing anything for Superbowl?

You can do an ad in the same style, though. Matthew McConoughey will get people's attention for the vehicle/brand.

It's also not about the ad, it's about the campaign. Super Bowl ads are swinging for the bleachers, while Lincoln has been going for base hits--and, by all accounts, succeeding. A Super Bowl ad likely won't actually help and it'll take money away from the things they're doing that are working, so, IMHO, not only do they not need it, but they're also better off without it.

• Like 1

So I'm really not a football fan at all, and to be honest, except for the last few minutes of regular time and overtime, I fast forwarded through the game just to see the (terrible) commercials......but I think the overtime system is terrible. Ignoring the Falcons' mistakes earlier in the game to lead to overtime, basically the Patriots win because of a coin toss? Granted they have to drive down and score, but come on? The Falcons don't even get a chance at the ball? Yet if the Patriots had kicked a field goal, Atlanta would've had a possession? I get that they don't want a team to run down 3/4 of the way, kick a field goal and it be over, but scoring a touchdown means it's over without giving the other team a chance? Each team should have a possession in overtime.

If team A wins the coin toss, and scores a touchdown in their possession, team B gets a shot, if they score to again tie, continue playing, and THEN whoever scores next wins; if they don't score, the game is over, team A wins. Also, why is there a clock in overtime as it's currently set up? Seems unnecessary.....like what happens when time runs out? They do it again?

---

As for the commercials - as a whole, they were terrible, I thought. The only one that made me laugh was the Kia Niro one.

As for the commercials - as a whole, they were terrible, I thought. The only one that made me laugh was the Kia Niro one.

Yeah most of them where pretty lame this year...I laughed at the Skittles commercial and the Spuds Mackenzie commercial seemed like it was trying too hard.

Here's Ford's commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtHflDrnAU

Another mobility-related thing.

It did give us a peek at the self driving car they mentioned in the NAIAS announcement at the end of the ad.

This was a great ad - way better than the one from Audi. But the "...best commercial" stuff in the mainstream news keeps mentioning the Audi ad but not Ford.

Ghost of Spuds Mackenzie. It was pathetic.

Oh, yeah.....it was forgetful.

This was a great ad - way better than the one from Audi. But the "...best commercial" stuff in the mainstream news keeps mentioning the Audi ad but not Ford.

I wasn't impressed with either. Ford's was shown before the game.

A lot of advertising money wasted IMO.

I posted that same sentiment on another forum. Strangely enough, I also posted that Spuds should've stayed in the past.

The only commercials I liked were the Snickers commercial with Adam Driver and the commercial for whatever the heck it was with Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg (c'mon, man, Martha saying "Pot? Can-a-bisque?" while Snoop was searching for words was funny).

I didn't care for the Google or Audi commercials, but I tend to have a very negative reaction to social engineering commercials in general.

I posted that same sentiment on another forum. Strangely enough, I also posted that Spuds should've stayed in the past.

The only commercials I liked were the Snickers commercial with Adam Driver and the commercial for whatever the heck it was with Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg (c'mon, man, Martha saying "Pot? Can-a-bisque?" while Snoop was searching for words was funny).

I didn't care for the Google or Audi commercials, but I tend to have a very negative reaction to social engineering commercials in general.

Agree for sure on the "social engineering" BS. Tell me about your product and I will make my own decisions on "social" issues without your corporate influence peddling.

I did hear some negative comments on the tube about the Audi piece in particular. My 44 years in industry says to me the ladies don't need anymore help-certainly not to the degree Audi would lead you to believe-unless its in a union hall. As for corporate America? Forget about it. They are there IMO.

I did hear some negative comments on the tube about the Audi piece in particular. My 44 years in industry says to me the ladies don't need anymore help-certainly not to the degree Audi would lead you to believe-unless its in a union hall. As for corporate America? Forget about it. They are there IMO.

What it boils down to is how much experience a woman has and if she's taken a break from working to have kids (which is nothing wrong with that) but to expect making the same amount of money as someone who has 20 years experience vs your 10-15 years (due to break in taking care of kids), is crazy.

• Like 1