MPG for 2017 6.7 L diesel with 3.55 axle

srw crew long bed 3.31 gears

First 200 miles this weekend on US highways 9 and 202. Speeds 40-55 I was getting just over 20. I was accelerating from stops at 1600 rpm so no jackrabbit starts.

I'm hoping to get over 10mpg towing. Can't wait to see this spring.

There is no reason you can't get over 10mpg with a 17 (again, 17s are reporting same mpg as the 11-16s). I average mid 11s pulling 13k with my 15 and my best was 13.7mpg towing 101 miles, hand calculated.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_truck_camper_zpswiripelk.j

Edited by blwnsmoke

There is no reason you can't get over 10mpg with a 17 (again, 17s are reporting same mpg as the 11-16s). I average mid 11s pulling 13k with my 15 and my best was 13.7mpg towing 101 miles, hand calculated.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_truck_camper_zpswiripelk.j

Nice rig!

Wow maybe I'll get 12! Mine is a pull behind 35 foot long, 11 foot high, 8 foot wide, and only 10k lbs loaded. With 48 gallons of fuel I'd have over 500 mile range.

I'm at 500 miles now on the f250 and mixed mileage seems to average 17-18 range now.

This is my first diesel and first pickup truck. I'm learning about the jake brake. It seems I'd keep it off to get better mileage and only use it in hilly places to keep the brakes cool. Do you leave it on all the time?

4th gear roll on power at 2k rpm is amazingly smooth and incredibly FAST!

Nice rig!

Wow maybe I'll get 12! Mine is a pull behind 35 foot long, 11 foot high, 8 foot wide, and only 10k lbs loaded. With 48 gallons of fuel I'd have over 500 mile range.

I'm at 500 miles now on the f250 and mixed mileage seems to average 17-18 range now.

This is my first diesel and first pickup truck. I'm learning about the jake brake. It seems I'd keep it off to get better mileage and only use it in hilly places to keep the brakes cool. Do you leave it on all the time?

4th gear roll on power at 2k rpm is amazingly smooth and incredibly FAST!

I leave it on at all times while towing and keep it off when unloaded. It really doesn't do much unless you have a load pushing you down the hill. I can go down a 7% grade at 35mph with it on and it will hold speed with my 5'er hooked up. It does a very good job slowing you down at lights and hills.

Really won't reduce mpg much because you won't really feel it kick in until you tap the brakes.. which then downshifts to hold a high rpm. When you are running a high rpm on the exhaust brake, you are not using any fuel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...